Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Through Firey Trials. Safehold book 10 up for preorder

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Through Firey Trials. Safehold book 10 up for preorder
Post by n7axw   » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:30 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I think the best cover art in the Safehold series thus far was with HFQ with Merlin and Nimue watching the scene of the destruction of that ship carrying Thirsk's daughters.

As for the latest, it reminds me of something you might see in a candy store ad... RFC's comments not withstanding. :lol:

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by phillies   » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:40 pm

phillies
Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:

And you think bad cover art was a purely Russian phenomenon because . . . . ? :lol:

Though note

https://dwtr67e3ikfml.cloudfront.net/bo ... b619c32d90

This cover appears to be Chris Nuttall's Emily perhaps ten books down the pike.

The book was on Smashwords at some point, though I can't find it now. My Russian has not been used heavily in 55 years, so I can read but not translate the title.
Post by Charybdis   » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:51 am

Charybdis
Captain of the List

C. O. Thompson wrote: ...
Of course... I just pre-ordered and cross my fingers that the Kindle version will be at reduced price when the hard bound is purchased... I did not see that information today.

My last check on USA Amazon, having purchased the Hardback (HB) of "Through Fiery Trials" more than a month ago, gives no indication of any Kindle discount for a HB prior purchase [HB=$26.09USD & Kindle=$14.99USD]. :cry:

I think that this is potentially a quite regrettable reversal of prior policies. There may be a follow-up restoration of the deep discount for Kindle&HB purchase given that we are still just over 5 months from the release but I am thinking that this might be wistful thinking. :roll:

Of course this may mean that there is more incentive for our Mad Wizard to keep writing but having had the prior discounts is like feeling that missing tooth! :?
-----

What say you, my peers?
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:18 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Charybdis wrote:
C. O. Thompson wrote: ...
Of course... I just pre-ordered and cross my fingers that the Kindle version will be at reduced price when the hard bound is purchased... I did not see that information today.

My last check on USA Amazon, having purchased the Hardback (HB) of "Through Fiery Trials" more than a month ago, gives no indication of any Kindle discount for a HB prior purchase [HB=$26.09USD & Kindle=$14.99USD]. :cry:

I think that this is potentially a quite regrettable reversal of prior policies. There may be a follow-up restoration of the deep discount for Kindle&HB purchase given that we are still just over 5 months from the release but I am thinking that this might be wistful thinking. :roll:

Of course this may mean that there is more incentive for our Mad Wizard to keep writing but having had the prior discounts is like feeling that missing tooth! :?

I cannot recall how it worked out the last time... But I believe that I had to purchase the hard bound first then got a note about the discounted kindle version... anyone know?
I also do not think that the publisher of the Honor Harrington series offered the same kind of discount.
Did't stop me from pre-ordering that one
Just my 2 ₡ worth

Return to Safehold