Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

The Lands of Safehold

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
The Lands of Safehold
Post by GundamChief   » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:46 pm

GundamChief
Midshipman

One of the things I love about world building is the fact that there are so many places one could talk about. Places, their history, names and activities of various movers and shakers, legends and folklore, etc.

While the series has plenty of it, I wish that some time would be taken to make an Atlas or "setting" excerpt of decent length about some of the other places the stories don't really show.

Places like Raven's Land, and Barren Lands, and Green Tree Island just grab me cause they are unexplored in the sense that there's little to that's known to readers about them.

I was wondering if other's share in this desire, and think it would be cool to have some data on it? Or have made something up themselves for the fun of it?
Re: The Lands of Safehold
Post by isaac_newton   » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:43 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

GundamChief wrote:One of the things I love about world building is the fact that there are so many places one could talk about. Places, their history, names and activities of various movers and shakers, legends and folklore, etc.

While the series has plenty of it, I wish that some time would be taken to make an Atlas or "setting" excerpt of decent length about some of the other places the stories don't really show.

Places like Raven's Land, and Barren Lands, and Green Tree Island just grab me cause they are unexplored in the sense that there's little to that's known to readers about them.

I was wondering if other's share in this desire, and think it would be cool to have some data on it? Or have made something up themselves for the fun of it?

Even the south of Charis is pretty much 'unexplored'! I'd always wondered if there were people there or not. Maybe the odd naval station or fishing port, or maybe much more?? who knows?

Return to Safehold