Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

YouTube Interview on Safehold with David

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
YouTube Interview on Safehold with David
Post by ryndieum   » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:10 pm

ryndieum
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

I didn't see this posted here already, if I missed it, I apologize.

For anyone that wants, David posted an interview on Safehold on youtube where he talks Safehold, the next series and the ending with the war with the Gbaba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipeVnIxgsCY

Edit: Video date is Aug. 2017.
Re: YouTube Interview on Safehold with David
Post by Randomiser   » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:14 pm

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

ryndieum wrote:I didn't see this posted here already, if I missed it, I apologize.

For anyone that wants, David posted an interview on Safehold on youtube where he talks Safehold, the next series and the ending with the war with the Gbaba.

Thanks for that. Really weird edit on the video though - half of it on the backstory :?

Whatever, confirmation RFC is planning 5 books to get to the resolution of the problems with the Church then 3 on dealing with the Gbaba. Problem 1, as he notes, is that makes 8 books, he has 4 other series on the go, is planning to start a new collaboration and is 65 this year! Problem 2 is that he manifestly has to slow down his output, for health and, as he says, quality reasons. Problem 3 would be that he is notorious for expanding the number of books from that he initially planned as he goes along.

Of course UH may be the last Honor book (Hides). Well, Honor as First Space Lord really doesn't give that many exciting action opportunities, and that is about the only place she has left to go in the Navy.
Re: YouTube Interview on Safehold with David
Post by ryndieum   » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:32 pm

ryndieum
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Randomiser wrote:
ryndieum wrote:I didn't see this posted here already, if I missed it, I apologize.

Thanks for that. Really weird edit on the video though - half of it on the backstory :?

Whatever, confirmation RFC is planning 5 books to get to the resolution of the problems with the Church then 3 on dealing with the Gbaba. Problem 1, as he notes, is that makes 8 books, he has 4 other series on the go, is planning to start a new collaboration and is 65 this year! Problem 2 is that he manifestly has to slow down his output, for health and, as he says, quality reasons. Problem 3 would be that he is notorious for expanding the number of books from that he initially planned as he goes along.

Of course UH may be the last Honor book (Hides). Well, Honor as First Space Lord really doesn't give that many exciting action opportunities, and that is about the only place she has left to go in the Navy.

He did talk about the possibility of finding a partner author to finish out the gbaba arch. My interpretation of the interview is that after the 9 books of the original series (A New Hope) the 5 books for Safehold Number 2 (The Church Strikes Back) is pretty much a lock in. Safehold series 3 (Return of the Gbaba) is more up in the air, but he is open to a partner author if he finds the right person.

Return to Safehold