Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests

Crazy Theory [Spoilers For Whole Series]

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Crazy Theory [Spoilers For Whole Series]
Post by Icarium   » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:02 am

Icarium
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Just doing a re-read. We know the following:

#1: Kody went to talk to folks at the temple and was killed.
#2: We have a big paperweight given by Schueler and it has petabytes of data on it, including executables.
#3: You can get data on someone if they're dying (possibly dead before brain death?)

My theory is this. Kody goes to the temple. Chihiro kills him. Schueler, who by then was pulling a Duchairn, uses a headband thingy like Merlin did Nahrman and duplicates his mind before he dies. Puts him on the paperweight.

I know it's crazy. But I kinda like the image of having Kody pop up if they get access.
Re: Crazy Theory [Spoilers For Whole Series]
Post by McGuiness   » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:27 pm

McGuiness
Rear Admiral

Icarium wrote:Just doing a re-read. We know the following:

#1: Kody went to talk to folks at the temple and was killed.
#2: We have a big paperweight given by Schueler and it has petabytes of data on it, including executables.
#3: You can get data on someone if they're dying (possibly dead before brain death?)

My theory is this. Kody goes to the temple. Chihiro kills him. Schueler, who by then was pulling a Duchairn, uses a headband thingy like Merlin did Nahrman and duplicates his mind before he dies. Puts him on the paperweight.

I know it's crazy. But I kinda like the image of having Kody pop up if they get access.
I believe based on OAR that the first generation of Adam and Eves all had functional NEATs, as did the Archangels of course, so duplicating any of their minds wouldn't require a headband.

It's probably a safer bet to speculate that Schueler copied himself onto the paperweight. Using it would load him into the computer under the Temple and voila, an archangel has returned. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing we can't be entirely sure. Schueler clearly supported the CoGA, although in a kinder and gentler form than anything we saw during the series. Having an Archangel with that attitude show up (even digitally) with Duchairn in control would be bad news for Merlin's long range plans.

On the other hand, maybe he'll surprise us and be a full-fledged apostate! :twisted:

"Oh bother", said Pooh as he glanced through the airlock window at the helmet he'd forgotten to wear.

Return to Safehold