Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

Tell me when/how long/how many books????????????

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Tell me when/how long/how many books????????????
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:27 am

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Because the arrival of friends from space would make all of Merlin's work seem meaningless.

Sure Merlin's actions "saved his friends" but Merlin also think "my actions started this terrible war".

Which IMO is why David Weber has established that Project Ark was the only successful one.

Maldorian wrote:What is if the storyline end´s because of Actions of OUTSIDEof safehold?

Who said, that safehold was the only surviving Project?

What is, if there is another colony who had an good leader at the beginning, like Halvesen or how ever his Name was (The one at the beginning as the others was sad because Longhorn get the Position).

What is, if that colony grow and develope their tec and after a few centuries, defeat the Gbaba.

What do you think how the People on safehold will react, if Humans in spaceships come down the sky?

"The Arkangels are Back!" ???

Another way would be, what if another Alien race who haven´t contact with the Gbaba find safehold. Could be interesting, too.

The Point is:
If some peaceful space travellers arrive at safehold it could Speed up the whole storyline.
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by Randomiser   » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:21 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

Maldorian wrote:The Point is:
If some peaceful space travellers arrive at safehold it could Speed up the whole storyline.

Can't see it happening. At this stage sudden arrival of friendlies from space which fixes things up would be a complete deus ex machina, a wave of the author's magic wand, and RFC has more respect for his readers than to do that
Post by justdave   » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:34 pm

justdave
Lieutenant Commander

Randomiser wrote:
Maldorian wrote:The Point is:

To much like the MWW's magnificent 'How it won't end'

lol
Post by WeberFan   » Mon May 01, 2017 4:30 pm

WeberFan
Captain (Junior Grade)

fallsfromtrees wrote:
Maldorian wrote:What is if the storyline end´s because of Actions of OUTSIDEof safehold?

Who said, that safehold was the only surviving Project?

What is, if there is another colony who had an good leader at the beginning, like Halvesen or how ever his Name was (The one at the beginning as the others was sad because Longhorn get the Position).

What is, if that colony grow and develope their tec and after a few centuries, defeat the Gbaba.

What do you think how the People on safehold will react, if Humans in spaceships come down the sky?

"The Arkangels are Back!" ???

Another way would be, what if another Alien race who haven´t contact with the Gbaba find safehold. Could be interesting, too.

The Point is:

I believe that RFC has said this was the only project they had time to mount before the TFN was destroyed by the Gbaba. They would have done more with more time.

And just to put this baby to bed, here's the textev:

Reference: Off Armageddon Reef, February 14, 2421. TFNS Excalibur, TFNS Gulliver. Task Force one.

"One colony fleet had slipped through the scouts... but only to transmit a last, despairing hypercom message less than ten years later. It might have eluded the immediate shell of scout ships, but others had been sent out after it. It must have taken literally thousands of them to scour all of the possible destinations that colony fleet might have chosen, but eventually one of them had stumbled across it, and the killer fleets had followed."

Return to Safehold