Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests

The Holy Writ - Something's Bugging Me

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: The Holy Writ - Something's Bugging Me
Post by Louis R   » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:12 pm

Louis R
Commodore

IIRC, they are both contentions of Khody's demon buddy, which he recorded in his diary. If so, you'll find them somewhere in the first 100 or so pages of HFQ. Also if so, they are most emphatically things that we do _not_ know. They are, at best, informed speculation reported to us at third hand. At worst, they're the self-serving allegations of somebody who wanted to supplant Chihiro at the head of the Church.

It might be helpful to bear in mind that we don't actually know very much about the position of the Fallen, other than anti-Chihiro, vis-a-vis the Langhorne Plan. It doesn't, however, appear that many, if any, were fundamentally opposed to it. Not to start with, at least.

Randomiser wrote:
DMcCunney wrote:
And we know that Chihiro had been actively conspiring to supplant Langhorne well before Commodore Pei's strike took out he and Bedard.

And we know via RFC that Chihiro was the one who actually ordered the Rakurai strike on the Alexandria Enclave,
Dennis

Dennis can you remind me , with textev, just how we know these two things, Please? I haven't been around much lately, but AFAIR they are both just speculations from the forum.
Re: The Holy Writ - Something's Bugging Me
Post by DMcCunney   » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:47 pm

DMcCunney
Commander

Randomiser wrote:
DMcCunney wrote:And we know that Chihiro had been actively conspiring to supplant Langhorne well before Commodore Pei's strike took out he and Bedard.

And we know via RFC that Chihiro was the one who actually ordered the Rakurai strike on the Alexandria Enclave,
Dennis
Dennis can you remind me , with textev, just how we know these two things, Please? I haven't been around much lately, but AFAIR they are both just speculations from the forum.

Those particular bits are things mentioned by RFC here, where he makes it pretty plain that Chihiro was rhe real bad guy, and Commodore Pei arguably took out the wrong people when he nuked Langhorne's HQ and took out Langhorne and Bedard.

I'll have to poke around a bit to get the pointers to RFC's posts, but they did appear.
______
Dennis

Return to Safehold