Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests

SPOILER- Thank you so very much RFC for AtSoT!-SPOILER

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: SPOILER- Thank you so very much RFC for AtSoT!-SPOILER
Post by n7axw   » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:26 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I have no idea what is going to happen next. But I am fond of the notion of Rainbow Waters taking the MH home and kicking some aristocratic and maybe even some bureaucratic arse in N. Harchong.

At any rate, whatever solution is found, it does have to reunite the soldiers with their families.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:49 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

n7axw wrote:I have no idea what is going to happen next. But I am fond of the notion of Rainbow Waters taking the MH home and kicking some aristocratic and maybe even some bureaucratic arse in N. Harchong.

At any rate, whatever solution is found, it does have to reunite the soldiers with their families.

Don

-

Don,
I think that I agree this is the most likely direction that Rainbow Waters will take, even with the understanding that he is an aristocrat to the core... he has shown a remarkably elastic world view even before he had his inquisitor arrested... way back when the MH began its' move to the front and the way he danced and dodged around what ZC desired.

He will want to reunite (at least his officers) with their families and, I had the impression that he was more able to see his troupers as men by the conclusion of hostilities at the end of AtSoT.

Of course, all we can do is speculate and maybe hope that David dedicates at least half of the next book to fill in the story line on his way back to the stars...
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by n7axw   » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:04 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

C. O. Thompson wrote:
n7axw wrote:I have no idea what is going to happen next. But I am fond of the notion of Rainbow Waters taking the MH home and kicking some aristocratic and maybe even some bureaucratic arse in N. Harchong.

Don

-

Don,
I think that I agree this is the most likely direction that Rainbow Waters will take, even with the understanding that he is an aristocrat to the core... he has shown a remarkably elastic world view even before he had his inquisitor arrested... way back when the MH began its' move to the front and the way he danced and dodged around what ZC desired.

He will want to reunite (at least his officers) with their families and, I had the impression that he was more able to see his troupers as men by the conclusion of hostilities at the end of AtSoT.

Of course, all we can do is speculate and maybe hope that David dedicates at least half of the next book to fill in the story line on his way back to the stars...

I would suspect that at least some of this stuff will be covered as back story.

Also how Siddarmark, Dohlar, and Zion fares post war... do archangels show up on schedule... what happens to some of older characters such as Hanth and Thirsk...

You don't want so much back story that it stalls out the plot,but enough to provide continuity between the story arcs.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Dauntless   » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:34 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

given how RFC handled a bigger time jump in the war god books, i suspect we are going to spend a lot of time trying to dig out the details of what happend in those missing years.
Post by Thrandir   » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:25 am

Thrandir
Commander

Thanks for the terrific read, loved the ending and the dilemma for the Inner Council now.

Though I do have one minor gripe; I would like to have read more about Merlin's relationship with Nynian.
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:31 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

What!

Don't Merlin & Nynian deserve some privacy!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thrandir wrote:Thanks for the terrific read, loved the ending and the dilemma for the Inner Council now.

Though I do have one minor gripe; I would like to have read more about Merlin's relationship with Nynian.
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by Thrandir   » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:26 pm

Thrandir
Commander

DrakBibliophile wrote:What!

Don't Merlin & Nynian deserve some privacy!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thrandir wrote:Thanks for the terrific read, loved the ending and the dilemma for the Inner Council now.

No they don't deserve such a thing, you should have your mouth washed out with soap young man :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was really looking forward to seeing how she nabbed him ;)
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:38 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

How she nabbed him?

Very carefully with extreme skill. :)

Note, Merlin may still be wondering "how she did it". ;)

Thrandir wrote:
DrakBibliophile wrote:What!

No they don't deserve such a thing, you should have your mouth washed out with soap young man :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post by PeterZ   » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:03 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Nonsense, Drak. Merlin has believed that he instigated the affair from their first kiss. Nynian made sure of that.

DrakBibliophile wrote:How she nabbed him?

Thrandir wrote:

Post by DrakBibliophile   » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:44 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Point. :lol:

PeterZ wrote:Nonsense, Drak. Merlin has believed that he instigated the affair from their first kiss. Nynian made sure of that.

DrakBibliophile wrote:How she nabbed him?

Return to Safehold