Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

So, part 1 done, when do we get our first glimpse of part 2?

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: So, part 1 done, when do we get our first glimpse of par
Post by n7axw   » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:21 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I would rather see that 20 years handled in brief flashback fashion with the real meat of the book being the new story arc.

Of course, when did we ever see RFC do anything "brief"? That's a real poser! :lol:

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Re: So, part 1 done, when do we get our first glimpse of par
Post by kaid   » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:59 pm

kaid
Lieutenant Commander

ecortez wrote:
C. O. Thompson wrote:The only thing that remains, like an itch I cannot scratch is the mystery under the temple, though I am glad that Merlin found the back door in.

I think that we all suspected that Merlin did not spend any time checking it out but... what is that line from (I think it's) The Hound of the Baskervilles about the dog that did not bark... Remember that Clyanthn thoughts after his last meal include that he has seen this files before so, maybe they did check it out.

There's always been the concern that a PICA entering the Temple's perimeter might trigger some response. At this point, since no one else apparently knows about the secret room (they would've activated it during the uprising if they had) it's probably better to let sleeping dogs lie. Even if someone like Paityr Wylsynn simply entered the chamber for a look around after a thousand years of no activity it could prompt sensors in the Temple - and the orbital ones as well - to do an automatic check. Oh, what do we have here? Industrial emissions! Best to get the industrialization of Safehold as far along as possible first. Because at some point they will be forced to deal with whatever's down there.

They were also concerned a conventional military army invading the temple could kick it off as well. It is somewhat understandable they don't want to kick that hornets nest until they have all their ducks in a row.

Return to Safehold