Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

Only a five-day to go

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Only a five-day to go
Post by XofDallas   » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:14 am

XofDallas
Commander

Starting tomorrow, I'll start driving the local Barnes and Noble to distraction by calling them twice a day to see if, by chance, the shipment has come in early. HFQ arrived the Saturday before the scheduled release date as I recall.

If you get yours early, please tell us where you're at, and what store you went to. Frankly, I can't wait!

I think the only thing this month that is better than getting a new Safehold book is my beloved Cubs winning the series.

All the best,

X
Re: Only a five-day to go
Post by Keith_w   » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:53 am

Keith_w
Commodore

XofDallas wrote:Starting tomorrow, I'll start driving the local Barnes and Noble to distraction by calling them twice a day to see if, by chance, the shipment has come in early. HFQ arrived the Saturday before the scheduled release date as I recall.

If you get yours early, please tell us where you're at, and what store you went to. Frankly, I can't wait!

I think the only thing this month that is better than getting a new Safehold book is my beloved Cubs winning the series.

All the best,

X

Got mine in the mail yesterday from Indigo here in Canada. I will NOT be reading it in one fell swoop, I have a life to which I must, on occasion submit, including a birthday party for my middle son today, although his birthday was actually the 31st.
--
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:07 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

XofDallas wrote:Starting tomorrow, I'll start driving the local Barnes and Noble to distraction by calling them twice a day to see if, by chance, the shipment has come in early. HFQ arrived the Saturday before the scheduled release date as I recall.

All the best,

X

Good luck with that!

I prepaid Amazon months ago and have made a very hard choice to stay away from the "bowl of candy" that the spoilers serve as.
I have re-read all the series timing it to finish HFQ the day prior the release kindle for AtSOT and just about made it... Finished HFQ last night.

Now, I may head for the candy dish
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:12 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

All the best,

X

Oh by the way, I have been a back burner Cubs fan (born in Chicago) all my life but could not handle the pain so I relegated my self to be a baseball fan who listens to the games on local radio... then I moved to RI in 1984 and got caught by the Red Sox bug... After each season the devout fans would say "I still believe" then after 2004 the over all sentiment was "I can't believe"
They lost their hunger and edginess... Cub fans are likely to do the same thing. I hope not
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by n7axw   » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:11 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

All the best,

X

Congrats on the Cubs... They join the Cavs in being down 3 games to 1 and come gack to win... :D

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Charybdis   » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:25 pm

Charybdis
Captain of the List

n7axw wrote:

All the best,

X

Congrats on the Cubs... They join the Cavs in being down 3 games to 1 and come gack to win... :D

Don

-

First time rooting for a National League team in the World Series (WS). Both Joe Maddon and Ben Zobrist are alumni of my home team, the Tampa Bay Rays. Zobrist being the Series MVP (Most Valuable Player) reflects what we saw when he played here. :D

It is an oddity of probability that NOW the Cleveland Indians have the longest non-win WS streak in length by years (1948). Of course the Rays have NEVER WON the WS but they only got started in 1998. They are one of 6 teams who have never won a WS but having had a single 2008 WS try (under Maddon), they have done better than both the Mariners and Nationals, who have never even won their league championships. :(

As for AtSoT, got a shock message from Amazon this morning. My original order from 2015 was on a Credit Card that had to be replaced due to possible fraud activity. Hope I did not slip too many places in the order queue! :?
-----

What say you, my peers?
Post by Peter2   » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:13 am

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

This will probably be my last visit to this forum for a few days. Tomorrow is the 8th, and I have other plans for the day – and possibly the day after as well :D :D :D
Post by Charybdis   » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:35 am

Charybdis
Captain of the List

Peter2 wrote:This will probably be my last visit to this forum for a few days. Tomorrow is the 8th, and I have other plans for the day – and possibly the day after as well :D :D :D

Yeah, we all (USofA) will be 'busy' with the election, the results and the aftermath. All that recrimination and crying, it will take me a couple of days myself to get back to abnormal. :?
-----

What say you, my peers?
Post by OlorinNight   » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:07 am

OlorinNight
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Still one full day of waiting for me. I'm not sure I can do it. Please, help me, I need help. I'm sure I'm going to have a nervous breakdown before tonight because of so much waiting (and I strangely feels like a junkie waiting for his next fix. Is it wrong?).
Post by n7axw   » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:03 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

OlorinNight wrote:Still one full day of waiting for me. I'm not sure I can do it. Please, help me, I need help. I'm sure I'm going to have a nervous breakdown before tonight because of so much waiting (and I strangely feels like a junkie waiting for his next fix. Is it wrong?).

I am waiting with you so I can empathize... However I am distracted by ulcers inducing election so my empathy might be limited.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.

Return to Safehold