Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

Amazon currently has the Kindle version of atSoT for $2.99..

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Amazon currently has the Kindle version of atSoT for $2.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:23 am

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Henry Brown wrote:
C. O. Thompson wrote:Alas, we have to wait for the release date... however; I can be reading it with morning coffee rather than waiting for the afternoon UPS delivery.

Or instead of waiting for a delivery, you could go out to your local brick and mortar book store and buy the hardback the day it comes in. That is what I did yesterday. It is a really good book. :D

Well there is that, even with my closest B&N at 25 miles I could get there and back by Tuesday and wherever possible, I do support local merchants, I do have a hard time seeing a big box store as local merchant and... (I guess I am clutching at straws) :roll:
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by Henry Brown   » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:02 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

C. O. Thompson wrote:Well there is that, even with my closest B&N at 25 miles I could get there and back by Tuesday and wherever possible, I do support local merchants, I do have a hard time seeing a big box store as local merchant and... (I guess I am clutching at straws) :roll:

I think you missed my point. It is a soft sale date book, which means that bookstores can sell it as soon as they get it. So, if the B&N near you has already has gotten their shipment they can sell it to you today and you can beat the official release date.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:50 am

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Henry Brown wrote:
C. O. Thompson wrote:Well there is that, even with my closest B&N at 25 miles I could get there and back by Tuesday and wherever possible, I do support local merchants, I do have a hard time seeing a big box store as local merchant and... (I guess I am clutching at straws) :roll:

I think you missed my point. It is a soft sale date book, which means that bookstores can sell it as soon as they get it. So, if the B&N near you has already has gotten their shipment they can sell it to you today and you can beat the official release date.

OK but, I also did not make my point clearly... I ordered and paid for my copies June 4, in part because I saw no advantage to small merchant that I could support with this one.
Not realizing that I might pick up a copy a few days earlier having done other wise but also, I knew that I can (and did) get the Kindle version for a few dollars through Amazon.
I expect that you are enjoying the book and I have enough to keep myself occupied so the fact that Amazon doesn't seem to have made the kindle version available is something I can live with...

Oh by the way, this is my 400 th post and if I got that right, I just earned a promotion to "the list" so ... Hey bartender, the drinks are on me!!!
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by clancy688   » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:23 pm

clancy688
Captain of the List

My Kindle version just got delivered - yay! :D

Sadly I have to work tomorrow. And the day after tomorrow. And... ;_;
Post by pbreed   » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:58 am

pbreed
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Mine has yet to show up...
I keep checking and its not there yet....

Grumble Grumble..
Post by martin   » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:37 pm

martin
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Does anyone know if audible.com will have the audiobook? I'm ok to get the HC but I love listening in the car.

for some reason both new DW books are not showing. Audible have a new releases option and they aren't there either
Post by Theemile   » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:53 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

clancy688 wrote:My Kindle version just got delivered - yay! :D

Sadly I have to work tomorrow. And the day after tomorrow. And... ;_;

Mine showed up at 12:01 am local time.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Peter2   » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:56 am

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

pbreed wrote:Mine has yet to show up...
I keep checking and its not there yet....

Grumble Grumble..

I had this problem, too – with some facets that I won't go into just at present. I'm in contact with Amazon about it, and to do them justice, they seemed very concerned, and are investigating.

Return to Safehold