Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests

Casting the main characters - A short revisit

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Casting the main characters - A short revisit
Post by XofDallas   » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:14 pm

XofDallas
Commander

I spent a couple of minutes looking for the old "who would you cast as whom" thread but couldn't find it quickly.

The reason is a trailer I just looked at. Gotta say it...

I will repeat something. Tilda Swinton, at 55, looks like she's about 30, and she could be made to look even younger. I'd cast her as Sharleyan in a heartbeat.
Re: Casting the main characters - A short revisit
Post by Larry   » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:09 pm

Larry
Lieutenant Commander

XofDallas wrote:I spent a couple of minutes looking for the old "who would you cast as whom" thread but couldn't find it quickly.

I will repeat something. Tilda Swinton, at 55, looks like she's about 30, and she could be made to look even younger. I'd cast her as Sharleyan in a heartbeat.

As a cold-hearted Elizabeth the First I could think of no-one better for the role, but for Sharleyan, oh heck no! I want someone far more capable of giving a believable giggle or a spontaneous room lighting smile. Since "A" list costs, and a film like this would be speculative for draw, I'll keep this to the up and coming list (try: http://www.imdb.com/list/ls073021538/) I think ummm Kaitlyn Dever, Isabelle Fuhrman, Kara Hayward, Saoirse Ronan (Although she's getting fairly popular and thus pricey),or possibly Zendaya.

Tilda Swinton is wonderful for a heavy drama part, but I've never seen her do a lighter, more playful mood, and I'm not sure I'd believe it if I did. Sharleyan needs to be able to do both serious, but regretful as well as determined, but she must also have playful and worried moments too. Not Ms. Swinton, not at all.

Larry
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:26 am

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Darcy Rose Byrnes fits my mental image of Irys

Tilda Swinton, is closer to how I see Aivah
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:09 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Try thinking of Annika Noelle for Sharleyn... I think she could pull off a giggle.
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by Louis R   » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:26 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

Bronze. Definitely in bronze.

Concrete isn't as permanent, and won't give you the detail, and plastic is just plain chintzy. Bronze is forever. Or at least until some barbarian says "who the heck are these clowns?" and melts 'em down for artillery...
Post by ecortez   » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:08 pm

ecortez
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Larry wrote:I think ummm Kaitlyn Dever, Isabelle Fuhrman, Kara Hayward, Saoirse Ronan (Although she's getting fairly popular and thus pricey),or possibly Zendaya.

Kara Hayward would be perfect as Sharleyan. She's a few years younger than the character but doesn't look it; and something about the way she presents herself, you could definitely believe she was royalty. Kaitlyn seems a better fit for Irys.

From watching Game of Thrones I could see Kit Harrington as Merlin. John Snow with a scar on his cheek and a pair of super-sharp kitanas. Caleb I don't have any good ideas for. Theo James maybe? I know who I'd cast as the Grand Inquisitor though: Bryan Cranston. I am the one who knocks - and sends you to the Punishment!
Post by khameirsith   » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:29 pm

khameirsith
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

XofDallas wrote:I spent a couple of minutes looking for the old "who would you cast as whom" thread but couldn't find it quickly.

Just happened to know, because I started one a while back, might be what your're referring to.

http://forums.davidweber.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7880

Return to Safehold