Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests

First impression to ATST - NO Spoiler included

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
First impression to ATST - NO Spoiler included
Post by Eagleeye   » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:46 pm

Eagleeye
Commodore

I needed 3 days to get through (and I had the advantage that a) the 3 days included a regional holiday - Reformation day, Oct 31 and b) the weather wasn't really suited for outside activities, so I could read with only minor breaks) - and as I finally closed the book my first thought was "WHAT A RIDE!" There are some really nice revelations, some interesting developments, too ... and last but not least there is very much room for speculation around the contents for book #10 in the series ...

So, open your most favored beverage, put some popcorn or chips nearby, go in your most favored reading position, take your time and enjoy the book! ;)
Re: First impression to ATST - NO Spoiler included
Post by phillies   » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:33 pm

phillies
Admiral

Eagleeye wrote:I needed 3 days to get through (and I had the advantage that a) the 3 days included a regional holiday - Reformation day, Oct 31 and b) the weather wasn't really suited for outside activities, so I could read with only minor breaks) - and as I finally closed the book my first thought was "WHAT A RIDE!" There are some really nice revelations, some interesting developments, too ... and last but not least there is very much room for speculation around the contents for book #10 in the series ...

So, open your most favored beverage, put some popcorn or chips nearby, go in your most favored reading position, take your time and enjoy the book! ;)

Thanks!

Any month now, it will get here.
Post by BobG   » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:02 pm

BobG
Captain (Junior Grade)

Eagleeye wrote:
I needed 3 days to get through (and I had the advantage that a) the 3 days included a regional holiday - Reformation day, Oct 31 and b) the weather wasn't really suited for outside activities, so I could read with only minor breaks) - and as I finally closed the book my first thought was "WHAT A RIDE!" There are some really nice revelations, some interesting developments, too ... and last but not least there is very much room for speculation around the contents for book #10 in the series ...

Do I want to know HOW you got a copy this early?

-- Bob G
SF & Fantasy: The only things better than Chocolate.
Post by tonyz   » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:29 pm

tonyz
Lieutenant Commander

BobG wrote:Do I want to know HOW you got a copy this early?

Mine arrived today...
Post by Kacey   » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:12 pm

Kacey
Ensign

tonyz wrote:
BobG wrote:Do I want to know HOW you got a copy this early?

Mine arrived today...

Did you order from Amazon or some other book seller?
Post by Keith_w   » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:25 pm

Keith_w
Commodore

I got an email today that mine is on the way and so it should be here on the 3rd
--
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Post by HerrDerSchatten   » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:17 am

HerrDerSchatten
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Wow what a book - I was really taken from the fast paced plot and the great things which happened.
Unfortunately, I started reading yesterday at lunch and stopped at 3:00 AM today - which forced me to call in sick :(
Post by Eagleeye   » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:44 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

BobG wrote:Eagleeye wrote:

Do I want to know HOW you got a copy this early?

-- Bob G

Courtesy of Amazon.de ...
Post by saber964   » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:14 am

saber964
Admiral

HerrDerSchatten wrote:Wow what a book - I was really taken from the fast paced plot and the great things which happened.
Unfortunately, I started reading yesterday at lunch and stopped at 3:00 AM today - which forced me to call in sick :(

Been there done that got the T-shirt.
Post by Henry Brown   » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:48 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

Just finished it. I was kind of disappointed in Shadow of Victory. I am happy to say that AtSoT made up for it. Very good book.

Return to Safehold