Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests

First impression to ATST - NO Spoiler included

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: First impression to ATST - NO Spoiler included
Post by USMA74   » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:43 am

USMA74
Commander

Loved the book after having it on order for 11 months. I just wished that ATST had a set of associated removable maps. I had a hard time keeping geographical locations sorted in my mind even though I had looked closely at the digital maps provided prior to getting the book. I would happily buy ($20-$30 price tag) an associated book from some properly licensed group that shows all the military movements throughout the entire Safehold series in a manner similar to the West Point Atlas of American Wars.
Post by Eagleeye   » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:08 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

USMA74 wrote:Loved the book after having it on order for 11 months. I just wished that ATST had a set of associated removable maps. I had a hard time keeping geographical locations sorted in my mind even though I had looked closely at the digital maps provided prior to getting the book. I would happily buy ($20-$30 price tag) an associated book from some properly licensed group that shows all the military movements throughout the entire Safehold series in a manner similar to the West Point Atlas of American Wars.

Yep. That would be really nice ... Because, with only an 15"-Notebook-Display available, the digital maps don't make fun. Not really ... :(
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:21 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Eagleeye wrote:I needed 3 days to get through (and I had the advantage that a) the 3 days included a regional holiday - Reformation day, Oct 31 and b) the weather wasn't really suited for outside activities, so I could read with only minor breaks) - and as I finally closed the book my first thought was "WHAT A RIDE!" There are some really nice revelations, some interesting developments, too ... and last but not least there is very much room for speculation around the contents for book #10 in the series ...

So, open your most favored beverage, put some popcorn or chips nearby, go in your most favored reading position, take your time and enjoy the book! ;)

Eagle eye,

I agree! I think this may be his best work yet
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:26 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

USMA74 wrote:Loved the book after having it on order for 11 months. I just wished that ATST had a set of associated removable maps. I had a hard time keeping geographical locations sorted in my mind even though I had looked closely at the digital maps provided prior to getting the book. I would happily buy ($20-$30 price tag) an associated book from some properly licensed group that shows all the military movements throughout the entire Safehold series in a manner similar to the West Point Atlas of American Wars.

I agree about keeping locations (and directions of activity) clear in my mind. I would like to see smaller maps that show which direction Eastshare or the MH were moving their armies and/or navy activities... removable might be nice, or located within each chapter as needed. I also would pay extra for such a resource.
Just my 2 ₡ worth

Return to Safehold