Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Ping Olegreyowl

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Ping Olegreyowl
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:47 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Do you have any idea when Barnes and Nobel will be receiving the hard copy of At the Sign of Triumph? I've been checking locally and they say it has been shipped but hasn't arrived.

Thanks
Re: Ping Olegreyowl
Post by Olegreyowl   » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:46 am

Olegreyowl
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

PeterZ wrote:Do you have any idea when Barnes and Nobel will be receiving the hard copy of At the Sign of Triumph? I've been checking locally and they say it has been shipped but hasn't arrived.

Thanks

As of this morning no stores have received their copies. I will check before I leave today and again each morning and evening. I will post any info when I get it. :D
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:54 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Olegreyowl wrote:
PeterZ wrote:Do you have any idea when Barnes and Nobel will be receiving the hard copy of At the Sign of Triumph? I've been checking locally and they say it has been shipped but hasn't arrived.

Thanks

As of this morning no stores have received their copies. I will check before I leave today and again each morning and evening. I will post any info when I get it. :D

Thanks! Looks like Amazon got the jump on B&N on this title. Not sure if preorders this late will still come in before the release date.
Post by Olegreyowl   » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:25 am

Olegreyowl

The following stores show on-hands (some of which may be on hold for pre-orders)! Remember that the book does not have a SOS (Strict on Sale) date. But some employees (new, seasonal, idiots.. etc) may not be familiar with soft releases and see the pub date and claim it's not available yet. Be nice but get your copies. :D

Huntsville AL. Valley Bend
Dothan AL. Montgomery Hwy
Tuscaloosa AL. Midtown Shopping Ctr
Spanish Fort AL. Eastern Shore Center
Ann Arbor MI. Huron Village
Battle Creek MI. Lakeview Sq.
Allen Park MI. Fairlane Green
Holland MI. Felch St Plaza
Flint MI. Genesee Valley Mall
Grandville MI. Rivertown Crossing
Midland MI. Midland Mall
Cedar Rapids IA. Northland Square SC
Midland TX. West Loop N.
Mesa AZ. Village Square at Dana Park
Phoenix AZ. Desert Ridge Marketplace
Surprise AZ. Surprize Marketplace
Goodyear AZ. Palm Valley Pavillions West
Great Falls MT. Market Place Drive
Chula Vista CA. Otay Ranch Town Center
Aliso Viejo CA. Aliso Viejo Town Center
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:42 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Thanks. So shipments arriving today are not included on your list?

Now I'm off to politely pester my local store.

Olegreyowl wrote:The following stores show on-hands (some of which may be on hold for pre-orders)! Remember that the book does not have a SOS (Strict on Sale) date. But some employees (new, seasonal, idiots.. etc) may not be familiar with soft releases and see the pub date and claim it's not available yet. Be nice but get your copies. :D

Huntsville AL. Valley Bend
Dothan AL. Montgomery Hwy
Tuscaloosa AL. Midtown Shopping Ctr
Spanish Fort AL. Eastern Shore Center
Ann Arbor MI. Huron Village
Battle Creek MI. Lakeview Sq.
Allen Park MI. Fairlane Green
Holland MI. Felch St Plaza
Flint MI. Genesee Valley Mall
Grandville MI. Rivertown Crossing
Midland MI. Midland Mall
Cedar Rapids IA. Northland Square SC
Midland TX. West Loop N.
Mesa AZ. Village Square at Dana Park
Phoenix AZ. Desert Ridge Marketplace
Surprise AZ. Surprize Marketplace
Goodyear AZ. Palm Valley Pavillions West
Great Falls MT. Market Place Drive
Chula Vista CA. Otay Ranch Town Center
Aliso Viejo CA. Aliso Viejo Town Center
Post by Olegreyowl   » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:49 am

Olegreyowl

PeterZ wrote:Thanks. So shipments arriving today are not included on your list?

Nope. Right now we're in our holiday build up. That means that we're getting in 200-300 cases daily (normal is 70ish). That means that if they get the books they may sit for a day or so till receiving gets to that box. The good news is that the system only reports it "on-hand" once that particular box is scanned and opened not when the whole shipment hits the back door. So you won't see it as on hand but then have it sitting on the bottom of the pile. If it shows on hand then it's either available or on hold for preorders.

Good Luck
Post by John Prigent   » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:45 pm

John Prigent
Captain of the List

I had the annoying experience once of going to a British bookshop on the day a book was published and seeing the delivery box sitting on the floor beside the counter - but they wouldn't open it! So I went straight home and ordered it from Amazon, cheaper than that bookshop's price even with overnight delivery.

Cheers, John

Olegreyowl wrote:
PeterZ wrote:Thanks. So shipments arriving today are not included on your list?

Nope. Right now we're in our holiday build up. That means that we're getting in 200-300 cases daily (normal is 70ish). That means that if they get the books they may sit for a day or so till receiving gets to that box. The good news is that the system only reports it "on-hand" once that particular box is scanned and opened not when the whole shipment hits the back door. So you won't see it as on hand but then have it sitting on the bottom of the pile. If it shows on hand then it's either available or on hold for preorders.

Good Luck
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:21 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

John Prigent wrote:I had the annoying experience once of going to a British bookshop on the day a book was published and seeing the delivery box sitting on the floor beside the counter - but they wouldn't open it! So I went straight home and ordered it from Amazon, cheaper than that bookshop's price even with overnight delivery.

Cheers, John

Mine just arrived in Denver. B&N

Return to Safehold