Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 23 guests

Clyntahn the Truth Giver

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Clyntahn the Truth Giver
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:24 am

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

OJsDad wrote:NO problem CO. I was just yanking your chain. It was during offering that I was thinking about it. Of course, I was having trouble with the sermon too, as our opening hymn was A Mighty Fortress Is Our God.

My thought had more to do with hidden church records and Clyntahn attesting to them being authentic.

I doubt if it will happen that way.

Well, "dad" with that as an opening hymn I don't see how you could do much more than think of this story line...
I have been very strict with my self not to read the spoilers so, I am not sure of your reference but, as I re read I wonder if Clynthan might have a message from Chihiro... the lack of textev to support where Clynthan came from had me thinking that he might be Chihiro waken from cryo-sleep but his ignorance of how Owl is posting the broadsides makes me think I am following a red herring of my own devising.

Your comment about "attesting to them as being authentic" ties into something that has been 'like an itch I cannot scratch' which I tried to address with the question: What speaks to you? The concept of people taking part of a verse of scripture, building a denomination on it and then saying "God is on our side" to a point of religious war. We are truly insignificant in the schema of the universe, and if God does not save us we will soon be shaken off the earth like water off a dogs back with no one to note our passing yet... the prospect that God is real causes some to be puffed up with their own importance till they deny corrective actions... they prop up dead technologies with pipelines and tax breaks while we run our of fresh water and ice caps melt and they confidently claim that God is on their side while they tithe their way to prosperity.

I think the next book should be called "Marching to Zion"
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by OJsDad   » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:02 pm

OJsDad
Lieutenant Commander

Nope, I was wrong. I can live it though. :mrgreen:
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:18 am

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

OJsDad wrote:Nope, I was wrong. I can live it though. :mrgreen:

SPOILER??

Well, you were closer to right than I was... THEY DID SHOW HIM THE TRUTH.
Just my 2 ₡ worth

Return to Safehold