Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Sign of Triumph release date

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Sign of Triumph release date
Post by Gildomar   » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:40 pm

Gildomar
Midshipman

I'm probably a bit late to the party with this, and I'm not sure if it was brought up before, but is the new book coming out on Election Day accidental or intentional?
Re: Sign of Triumph release date
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:49 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

Gildomar wrote:I'm probably a bit late to the party with this, and I'm not sure if it was brought up before, but is the new book coming out on Election Day accidental or intentional?

I would say accidental, since the book was turned in late.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by Charybdis   » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:45 am

Charybdis
Captain of the List

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:
Gildomar wrote:I'm probably a bit late to the party with this, and I'm not sure if it was brought up before, but is the new book coming out on Election Day accidental or intentional?

I would say accidental, since the book was turned in late.

I'd say totally coincidental. All of his books have been 'officially' released on a Tuesday (so far as I can tell) and with the rescheduling from the late turn-in, this 8 November date was the earliest that TOR/Macmillan could do in order to make the big Christmas Season publishing push. ;)

As it is, it gives many of us an anodyne to the US Election. I got a political call about a ballot amendment at 07:15 local this morning. The deep desire to reach through the lines to STRANGLE was only offset by the futility of strangling a machine! :evil:
-----

What say you, my peers?
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:08 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Welcome to the discussions... I would say that the timing is purely coincidental but I have also been wondering what would happen if someone with Clynthan's personality (of a misogynistic, egotistical, bigoted self-assured, narcissist) were elected as commander in chief of the US armed forces?...

Who would stop him? Would his enemies be any easier to identify than the enemies of the Grand Inquisitor?

Rayno rigged the vote for Clynthan. Could our elections be rigged? Trump says the system is. I am more inclined to think that it could be bought and I know hundreds of millions are being spent to try to do just that.

I have been wrong before...
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by jgnfld   » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:34 pm

jgnfld
Captain of the List

C. O. Thompson wrote:

Welcome to the discussions... I would say that the timing is purely coincidental but I have also been wondering what would happen if someone with Clynthan's personality (of a misogynistic, egotistical, bigoted self-assured, narcissist) were elected as commander in chief of the US armed forces?...

Who would stop him? Would his enemies be any easier to identify than the enemies of the Grand Inquisitor?

Rayno rigged the vote for Clynthan. Could our elections be rigged? Trump says the system is. I am more inclined to think that it could be bought and I know hundreds of millions are being spent to try to do just that.

I have been wrong before...

Wrong forum.
Post by n7axw   » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:05 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I wouldn't touch this one with a ten foot pole...radioactive! :mrgreen:

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by elaineofshalott   » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:59 am

elaineofshalott
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Charybdis wrote:I'd say totally coincidental. All of his books have been 'officially' released on a Tuesday (so far as I can tell)

I'm not going to touch the political portion of this discussion, but since I seem to see comments similar to this often enough I am going to point out that media is almost universally released on Tuesday. Books, Music, DVDs & Video Games are all released on Tuesdays. My understanding is it has to do with how bestseller lists are calculated.
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:21 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

elaineofshalott wrote:
Charybdis wrote:I'd say totally coincidental. All of his books have been 'officially' released on a Tuesday (so far as I can tell)

I'm not going to touch the political portion of this discussion, but since I seem to see comments similar to this often enough I am going to point out that media is almost universally released on Tuesday. Books, Music, DVDs & Video Games are all released on Tuesdays. My understanding is it has to do with how bestseller lists are calculated.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by XofDallas   » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:08 pm

XofDallas
Commander

Everything is a conspiracy!!!!

Just sayin.... :ugeek:
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:24 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

XofDallas wrote:Everything is a conspiracy!!!!

Just sayin.... :ugeek:

Shhhhh. you're not supposed to tell :evil:
Just my 2 ₡ worth

Return to Safehold