Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 63 guests

SPOILER Hints about the ending

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
SPOILER Hints about the ending
Post by DirkF   » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:36 pm

DirkF
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

No, I won't give away the story - but I want to confirm that ATSoT does end the first story arc.

And Clyntahn's fate is an interesting variant...
Re: SPOILER Hints about the ending
Post by Larry   » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:41 am

Larry
Lieutenant Commander

DirkF wrote:No, I won't give away the story - but I want to confirm that ATSoT does end the first story arc.

And Clyntahn's fate is an interesting variant...

Thank you for keeping Mum! It's still some days before my pre-order will hit my Kindle and I want a chance to read it for myself. I don't trust myself to be able to avoid spoilers at this point.

Larry
Post by n7axw   » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:07 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

We all have different feelings about spoilers. I don't mind them at all. In fact when I get a new book, sometimes I'll cheat and go to the end to find out how it turns out. Drives my wife nuts. :twisted:

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Fiannawolf   » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:12 pm

Fiannawolf
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Hmmmm...interesting. If it's indicating the end of story one....then maybe the next time we see safehold it might be in space...or at least half way there.

Will def. enjoy seeing how this part ends.
Post by dobriennm   » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:07 pm

dobriennm
Commander

Fiannawolf wrote:Hmmmm...interesting. If it's indicating the end of story one....then maybe the next time we see safehold it might be in space...or at least half way there.

No, RFC in a talk in DC last Fall (see below) said the next book after ATSoT will be 20 years later and everyone will have a steam economy. There was some hints the fighting would be more bloody (my interpretation)

David Weber's 2015 National Book Festival talk (Look for Video #49)
Post by n7axw   » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:52 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I have the impression the if the story line follows the original plan, there should be 4 books left with the series as a whole closing out at 12 books.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Louis R   » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:56 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

If it had followed the _original_ plan, Clyntahn would have been ancient history by the start of this book.

As usual, the plan didn't survive the first encounter with the word processor. I guess that's why they call it the _word_ processor ;)

n7axw wrote:I have the impression the if the story line follows the original plan, there should be 4 books left with the series as a whole closing out at 12 books.

Don

-
Post by n7axw   » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:41 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Louis R wrote:If it had followed the _original_ plan, Clyntahn would have been ancient history by the start of this book.

As usual, the plan didn't survive the first encounter with the word processor. I guess that's why they call it the _word_ processor ;)

n7axw wrote:I have the impression the if the story line follows the original plan, there should be 4 books left with the series as a whole closing out at 12 books.

Don

-

Beyond hoping that we do see a satisfying conclusion, I wouldn't mind more Safehold...

Don

-
Post by Charybdis   » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:51 am

Charybdis
Captain of the List

Louis R wrote:If it had followed the _original_ plan, Clyntahn would have been ancient history by the start of this book.

Don

-

n7axw wrote:Beyond hoping that we do see a satisfying conclusion, I wouldn't mind more Safehold...

Don -

It has been entertaining to think & read here of the many imaginative ways of putting an end to the Grand Fornicator! Add the 'good' Archbishop Rayno to the mix and I'm sure that there would be no lack of volunteers! :twisted:
-----

What say you, my peers?

Return to Safehold