Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests

SPOILERY QUESTION - Railroads and Silverload

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
SPOILERY QUESTION - Railroads and Silverload
Post by Larry   » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:15 pm

Larry
Lieutenant Commander

The question isn't spoilers but the answers might be. (Guess it depends on the answers) so fair warning.

Since everyone who read into the Amazon & Google look inside read aheads got slightly different glimpses of the next book I'm wondering if anyone saw anything regarding expansion of the railroad network or any comment on the development of Silverlode. If memory serves correctly it would seem that Her Imperial Majesty was plotting to place rail lines in Chisholm and that was at least part of the friction between the nobility and the crown. So railroads are possibilities in at least two places (Old Charis & Chisholm)in the Empire that I can see.
As for Silverload, Nahrmahn had at least hinted at it's potential, but nothing was mentioned about it actually being exploited yet (That I recall) so any update that anyone has noted concerning it's development?

Larry
Re: SPOILERY QUESTION - Railroads and Silverload
Post by OJsDad   » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:48 pm

OJsDad
Lieutenant Commander

Larry wrote:The question isn't spoilers but the answers might be. (Guess it depends on the answers) so fair warning.

As for Silverload, Nahrmahn had at least hinted at it's potential, but nothing was mentioned about it actually being exploited yet (That I recall) so any update that anyone has noted concerning it's development?

Larry

It's talked about on page 706 of HFQ.
Post by Larry   » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:23 pm

Larry
Lieutenant Commander

OJsDad wrote:
Larry wrote:The question isn't spoilers but the answers might be. (Guess it depends on the answers) so fair warning.

Larry

It's talked about on page 706 of HFQ.

Sorry. Probably should have been more specific. I was looking for new info in ATSOT.

Larry
Post by Peter2   » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:21 am

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

Larry wrote:

Larry

I seem to remember in HFQ some people in the ranks of the Temple grumbling about how God would permit the heretics to find such a huge bonanza when the CoGA was haemorrhaging money at such a rate with so little coming in. If they know enough to talk about it, then I would infer that the EoC is exploiting it.
Post by n7axw   » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:59 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Peter2 wrote:
Larry wrote:

Larry

I seem to remember in HFQ some people in the ranks of the Temple grumbling about how God would permit the heretics to find such a huge bonanza when the CoGA was haemorrhaging money at such a rate with so little coming in. If they know enough to talk about it, then I would infer that the EoC is exploiting it.

I don't have info from AtSoT but in HFQ Howsmyn notes rather emphatically that railroads have to take a back seat to ironclads and artillery production which means that we won't see railroads for quite some time,

So gold out of Silverlode will be dependent on hill dragons for the near to intermediate term future.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.

Return to Safehold