Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

Aren't any of the Gang of Four Married?

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Aren't any of the Gang of Four Married?
Post by John Prigent   » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:24 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

There is a difference between celibacy and chastity. So a long-term relationship could well result in acknowledged children known to everyone.

Cheers, John

n7axw wrote:My impression is that Eastern Orthodox priests are allowed to marry, but their bishops and archbishops must be celibate. This impression came from a conversation with an Orthodox priest who was himself married.

Don

-
Re: Aren't any of the Gang of Four Married?
Post by n7axw   » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:24 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

John Prigent wrote:There is a difference between celibacy and chastity. So a long-term relationship could well result in acknowledged children known to everyone.

Cheers, John

n7axw wrote:My impression is that Eastern Orthodox priests are allowed to marry, but their bishops and archbishops must be celibate. This impression came from a conversation with an Orthodox priest who was himself married.

Don

-

I would imagine that chastity is also expected with results that are probably predictable...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.

Return to Safehold