Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

SPOILER SNIPPET #8 from the Amazon "See Inside Feature"

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: SPOILER SNIPPET #8 from the Amazon "See Inside Feature"
Post by USMA74   » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:01 am

USMA74
Commander

Louis R wrote:Probably wouldn't help - my view of this passage started 9 paragraphs later, and ended 9 paragraphs later. To even less effect!

There's no way these things are random. Himself spent at least a week marking up the sections to be cut at all costs!

peke wrote:It's been cut off midstride! CORRECT IT AT ONCE, SOLDIER!!!
... pretty please?

From where I sit the evidence points to you being correct in your belief that someone, even if it is not our favorite celery thief, deliberately plotted the breaks. The breaks in the "see inside" feature are exactly where various plot lines are "expanded on." They are always in the same place regardless of which electronic device--laptop, desktop, I-pad, or smart phone--I use. :evil: Other people's experience may, and probably does vary. My experience is that pages 77, 80, 85, 96, 102, 106, 111, 117, and 123 are always breaks in the text. (There are probably more fixed breaks later but I am rationing myself on how much I read to what I think RFC/MWW would have revealed if he would have continued posting snippets. Fine writing like fine wine should be savored, not gulped down. :) )
Here is hoping that the rest enforced by she who must be obeyed will get our favorite word pusher back to writing form by next spring. :!:
Post by AClone   » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:37 pm

AClone
Captain of the List

Huh. Her son is "paralyzed and incapable of speach"? I wonder if we're going to see a sudden "miraculous" healing here....or perhaps a third Pica?
Post by n7axw   » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:05 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

AClone wrote:Huh. Her son is "paralyzed and incapable of speach"? I wonder if we're going to see a sudden "miraculous" healing here....or perhaps a third Pica?

No material available for another PICA... What I am wondering at this point is how the crown is going to deal with the grandson who is a bit dumb and at this point guilty of nothing more than gross stupidity...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by PeterZ   » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:00 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

n7axw wrote:
AClone wrote:Huh. Her son is "paralyzed and incapable of speach"? I wonder if we're going to see a sudden "miraculous" healing here....or perhaps a third Pica?

No material available for another PICA... What I am wondering at this point is how the crown is going to deal with the grandson who is a bit dumb and at this point guilty of nothing more than gross stupidity...

Don

-

Assuming he survives, the solution will be to marry the idiot to a smart wife. Done properly, he'll be happy and fulfilled.

Return to Safehold