Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 82 guests

(SPOILERS) Where is St. Thyrmyn?

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
(SPOILERS) Where is St. Thyrmyn?
Post by Charybdis   » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:02 am

Charybdis
Captain of the List

So far I have not found it on any of the maps but textev shows that it HAS to be in close proximity to the Temple but at a bit of distance. When Ducharin queries Rayno about missing paperwork, it arrives at his office that afternoon, forged signatures and all. Rayno's mental soliloquy about the disaster at St. Thyrmyn makes it appear to be the local HQ for the Order of Schueler's Inquisitor operation, thus having to be close to the Zion and Temple complex. Yet Rayno also has hopes of being able to conceal the incident from the rest of the Church, other than the Inquisitors. So, unlike (perhaps) the infamous prisons of history like the Bastille or Lubyanka, it is likely not within the City of Zion. :?:

Querulous minds and lack of snippets! :twisted:
-----

What say you, my peers?
Re: (SPOILERS) Where is St. Thyrmyn?
Post by ksandgren   » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:35 pm

ksandgren
Captain (Junior Grade)

In the previews that go a little further than our snippets or the part I got from Amazon, it is stated that it is located in the city of Zion but in a district adjacent to, not in, the temple district. The same section tells us what, exactly, did happen there and why.
Post by WeberFan   » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:41 pm

WeberFan
Captain (Junior Grade)

ksandgren wrote:In the previews that go a little further than our snippets or the part I got from Amazon, it is stated that it is located in the city of Zion but in a district adjacent to, not in, the temple district. The same section tells us what, exactly, did happen there and why.

I agree. At the risk of snerking, and trying to only draw on the textev in the snyppyts, I am pretty sure that it is a major Inquisition facility (perhaps their largest??) and is somewhere in Zion, pretty close to the Temple proper. I INFER that it's not TOO close to the Temple, or Merlin / Nimue would be too worried about the emanations coming therefrom.
Post by Louis R   » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:56 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

I had the distinct impression from Rayno's funk that it is in fact much closer to the Temple than he thought the 'demons' could approach. IOW, closer than the SNARC posters have been appearing.

Samples didn't give me anything in St Thyrmyn. They _did_ give me the info needed to show how Zhorzhet's cover was blown - and actually it wasn't. Pure stupid bad luck that they caught the Inquisition's eye because someone they weren't directly associated was unwise.

WeberFan wrote:
ksandgren wrote:In the previews that go a little further than our snippets or the part I got from Amazon, it is stated that it is located in the city of Zion but in a district adjacent to, not in, the temple district. The same section tells us what, exactly, did happen there and why.

I agree. At the risk of snerking, and trying to only draw on the textev in the snyppyts, I am pretty sure that it is a major Inquisition facility (perhaps their largest??) and is somewhere in Zion, pretty close to the Temple proper. I INFER that it's not TOO close to the Temple, or Merlin / Nimue would be too worried about the emanations coming therefrom.
Post by chrisd   » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:35 pm

chrisd
Captain (Junior Grade)

ksandgren wrote: " . . . . or the part I got from Amazon, . . . . . .

?
Post by Weird Harold   » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:31 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

chrisd wrote:
ksandgren wrote: " . . . . or the part I got from Amazon, . . . . . .

?

Different people get different previews from Amazon; the same people can get different previews at different times.

If you're wondering about previews at Amazon, look for the "Look Inside" link above or below the cover image.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)

Return to Safehold