Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 77 guests

Jeremiah's Land and Jeremiah Knowles - any exploration?

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Jeremiah's Land and Jeremiah Knowles - any exploration?
Post by Charybdis   » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:26 am

Charybdis
Captain of the List

Given our beloved but infuriating (at times) author's fiendish tendency to hide things in 'somewhat' plain sight, has anyone encountered any text about the middling island south of Tarot and west of Charis with the name of "Jeremiah's Land"? Perhaps it is just a coincidence but with the Silverlode reveal we learn that names can have a significance and somehow the use of 'Land' instead of the more normal 'Island' itches. :?:

We all know how it goes, lack of snippets leads to exploration and curiosity! Rereading the opus with the maps has led to this query! 8-)
-----

What say you, my peers?
Re: Jeremiah's Land and Jeremiah Knowles - any exploration?
Post by isaac_newton   » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:51 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Charybdis wrote:Given our beloved but infuriating (at times) author's fiendish tendency to hide things in 'somewhat' plain sight, has anyone encountered any text about the middling island south of Tarot and west of Charis with the name of "Jeremiah's Land"? Perhaps it is just a coincidence but with the Silverlode reveal we learn that names can have a significance and somehow the use of 'Land' instead of the more normal 'Island' itches. :?:

We all know how it goes, lack of snippets leads to exploration and curiosity! Rereading the opus with the maps has led to this query! 8-)

BTW in the previews are there any new maps revealed, other than those already shown to us recently on the forums?
Post by WeberFan   » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:57 pm

WeberFan
Captain (Junior Grade)

isaac_newton wrote:
Charybdis wrote:Given our beloved but infuriating (at times) author's fiendish tendency to hide things in 'somewhat' plain sight, has anyone encountered any text about the middling island south of Tarot and west of Charis with the name of "Jeremiah's Land"? Perhaps it is just a coincidence but with the Silverlode reveal we learn that names can have a significance and somehow the use of 'Land' instead of the more normal 'Island' itches. :?:

BTW in the previews are there any new maps revealed, other than those already shown to us recently on the forums?

Don't remember any references in any of the previously published books about Jeremiah's Land, but I agree with you that there may be some significance to it. Perhaps as a coaling station for steamers headed east instead of west?

As to your query isaac_newton, all the previews I looked at bypassed almost all the maps, showing only one. Perhaps others see slightly different previews though, so you can't take my observation as gospel.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:09 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

I keep thinking there are more assets waiting for Nimue/Merlin to find. If so, this would be a good place on the planet surface.
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by isaac_newton   » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:27 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

WeberFan wrote:
isaac_newton wrote: SNIP

Don't remember any references in any of the previously published books about Jeremiah's Land, but I agree with you that there may be some significance to it. Perhaps as a coaling station for steamers headed east instead of west?

As to your query isaac_newton, all the previews I looked at bypassed almost all the maps, showing only one. Perhaps others see slightly different previews though, so you can't take my observation as gospel.

Thanks - I suspected as much.

Return to Safehold