Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 56 guests

Audible Release

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Audible Release
Post by ryndieum   » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:44 pm

ryndieum
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

The new book is not yet on pre-order for Audible (although the $90 CD set is available on Amazon).

Will it be posted for Audible at the same time as the hardcover release, like the last several have been?

Thanks
Re: Audible Release
Post by Morden   » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:30 am

Morden
Lieutenant Commander

i'd be more interested in them redoing all the audiobooks with a single narrator. Its a cluster... as it stands.
Post by barkerpa3466   » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:10 am

barkerpa3466

I think that it would be cool to do it with a cast of narrators and sound effects/music score........I would totally repurchase all of the audio books.
Post by Tararoys   » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:25 am

Tararoys
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I like Oliver Wyman best as a narrator. I haven't really minded any of the others except for the really breathy guy (Kevin Collins) they got to do Midst Toil And Tribulation. After I heard him pronounce Charis like CHAR-isss and not KAR-is like every other narrator in the series, I decided not to buy that one.
Post by Darcwar   » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:03 pm

Darcwar
Ensign

I'm hoping it will be available the same day the book is released ( Nov.8). I can't wait to start it. I am addicted to audio books, I listen to them everyday at work. Really helps when you have a boring factory job.
Post by Garthak   » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:50 pm

Garthak
Midshipman

I really need the Audible book. I'am starting to twitch randomly... I need my fix. When will it be on Audible?!!!
Post by eldrwyrm   » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:27 pm

eldrwyrm
Lieutenant Commander

Has there been any word on the audible release at all? It still hasn't shown up there and I'm getting worried. :o :?
Post by elaineofshalott   » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:05 pm

elaineofshalott

Last time there was considerably less lead time on the audible book pre-order. Considering the short time frame I'm not terribly surprised it hasn't gone up yet. However, Amazon is offering to ship the physical CDs on the book release date so the recordings must have been made. Posting the audible file should be easier than printing the CDs so I wouldn't get too nervous yet.
Post by ksandgren   » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:25 pm

ksandgren
Captain (Junior Grade)

Audible does not list it on the coming soon pages either. Since TOR and its parent obviously have the reading available and are offering it on CD for day of release, it is possible they have not yet granted right to distribute to Amazon/Audiobooks, not wanting to undercut their CD sales or through some other financial issues (like Audiobooks undercutting their CD pricing by a lot).
Post by fury161   » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:12 pm

fury161
Midshipman

I've preordered the book on amazon and I can definitely say I'm going through withdrawal symptoms. Right now I'm finishing up Like A Mighty Army, but Hell's Foundation Quiver is not going to take me a month to read! I'll have to start all over again.

Return to Safehold