Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Audible Release

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Audible Release
Post by Uturn22   » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:37 am

Uturn22
Midshipman

Last book there was a delay of about a month, after the hard cover release, before the audible release. I was under the impression it was a publisher decision. Now I am worried, I have never seen the audio CD higher than 55$ US, amazon lists at 84$ US, WOW. And no mention any where I have looked as to why it doesn't show on audible at all. Should we be concerned??? :?:
Post by elaineofshalott   » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:34 am

elaineofshalott
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Uturn22 wrote:Last book there was a delay of about a month, after the hard cover release, before the audible release.

That isn't really accurate with HFQ, at least not in the US. What happened was Tor's rules allowed physical book stores to put the books out when they received them rather than waiting for the official release day. That meant that some people were able to pick up their copies a few days before release date. Both the ebook and the audible release were available on the official release day. I know my pre-ordered audible book was available for download when I woke up that day. If there was an actual scheduled delay it must have been for an earlier book or outside the US Market. HFQ was the first of the books where the audiobook was my primary format.
Post by Peter2   » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:51 pm

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

elaineofshalott wrote:
Uturn22 wrote:Last book there was a delay of about a month, after the hard cover release, before the audible release.

That isn't really accurate with HFQ, at least not in the US. What happened was Tor's rules allowed physical book stores to put the books out when they received them rather than waiting for the official release day. That meant that some people were able to pick up their copies a few days before release date. Both the ebook and the audible release were available on the official release day. I know my pre-ordered audible book was available for download when I woke up that day. If there was an actual scheduled delay it must have been for an earlier book or outside the US Market. HFQ was the first of the books where the audiobook was my primary format.

I bought an electronic copy of another book recently on its day of issue, and it was available for download at 00:05 hrs. There are some advantages in being a night owl! :D
Post by BrightSoul   » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:47 pm

BrightSoul
Rear Admiral

I've been sitting on my October Audible credit waiting for ATSoT to show up for pre-order. It still hasn't showed up yet so I'll continue to sit on it. Hopefully it appears on Release day so I can grab it before work.

I spend a lot of time sitting at a computer working on general website maintenance or researching options for a client's website. Having a book running in my ears keeps me on task and avoids distracting noise. Can't wait for the release. Also grabbing the ebook, deciding between Kindle and iBooks (got a gift card 4 my birthday.)

If anyone sees it available for pre-order before release day, please post it here so I can spend my credit. :ugeek:
Post by Darcwar   » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:02 am

Darcwar
Ensign

I'm starting to worry! I've been wait to per-order too.
Post by Hiruu   » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:56 pm

Hiruu

I just purchased the Kindle version, and I might get the audible when it comes out. I tend to binge when book are audio. I listen to it non-stop... so it is not necessarily a bit thing, lol.
Post by BrightSoul   » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:45 pm

BrightSoul
Rear Admiral

I just took a look at the CD version of the audiobook on Amazon and it now has a date of 11-22 for release so I doubt we'll see the audible version sooner than that.
Post by elaineofshalott   » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:27 pm

elaineofshalott

BrightSoul wrote:I just took a look at the CD version of the audiobook on Amazon and it now has a date of 11-22 for release so I doubt we'll see the audible version sooner than that.

If that is true I'll be getting the book from the library. I'm first on the hold list for my library network. Hopefully it won't be too long.

ETA: There is still one cause for hope for the audible release. Macmillan's direct purchase page shows the Unabridged Digital Audio's release date as 11/8. I'm still hoping they are just holding off on preorders. I will be checking first thing Tuesday morning to see if I can get it on audible.

Return to Safehold