Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests

An out of order snippet: Significant spoiler

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: An out of order snippet: Significant spoiler
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:33 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

bigrunt wrote:
runsforcelery wrote: “Are you going to make it necessary for me to disappoint Her Majesty, Your Grace?”

I keep thinking about the line were Cayleb and Sharleyan were talking about Nahrmahn "We are never going to stop that mind from thinking unless we cut it off from it's body and that is so messy!"

Although I am sure that Sharleyan would not mind Black Horse becoming a foot shorter.

Only because it would deprive her of the opportunity to put him on open trial for treason.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by ErikM   » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:45 am

ErikM
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

bigrunt wrote:
runsforcelery wrote: “Are you going to make it necessary for me to disappoint Her Majesty, Your Grace?”

I keep thinking about the line were Cayleb and Sharleyan were talking about Nahrmahn "We are never going to stop that mind from thinking unless we cut it off from it's body and that is so messy!"

Although I am sure that Sharleyan would not mind Black Horse becoming a foot shorter.

Shouldn't that be 'becoming a head shorter?' :D

Seriously, a good snippet and it'll be interesting to see where it fits in.
Post by Charybdis   » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:29 am

Charybdis
Captain of the List

bigrunt wrote:

ErikM wrote: Shouldn't that be 'becoming a head shorter?' :D

Seriously, a good snippet and it'll be interesting to see where it fits in.

I think that the concise statement about this confrontation would be;

"Heedless - headless!" :twisted:

As for 'free snippets', my order for both dead tree and Kindle editions are of longstanding! 8-)
-----

What say you, my peers?
Post by n7axw   » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:28 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I find myself wondering if she brought along a detail for gathering up the household guard and control of the prison rather than magicly appearing in Black Horse's sitting room like Merlin did for Thirsk.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Randomiser   » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:56 pm

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

Nice to see this long-running plot strand finally coming to a head. ;)
Post by 6L6   » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:04 pm

6L6
Commander

Thank you RFC, looking for a map showing the location of Maryksberg, is there one? How do you pronounce that?
Post by WeberFan   » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:41 pm

WeberFan
Captain (Junior Grade)

There was never a doubt that I was going to buy the book anyhow...

But this simple snippet is motivation on top of motivation just in case there was any lingering doubt in my head.

In fact, when I DO get the e-version of the book, I'm going to break from my normal modus operandi of reading it through from the beginning. In this case, I'm going to actively search through the book for THIS snippet, and I'm going to read the lead-in context and the outcome.

I've got a pretty good picture in my head about what happens, but my, OH MY! This one is going to make some really, really good reading.

Thanks so much David.
Post by 9aces   » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:49 pm

9aces
Ensign

You are an evil man sir.

But it's like I tell my employees all the time. Evil is only mean when it's funny, even if I'm the only one who is laughing.

I'll be glad when Nov 8th gets here.
Post by WeberFan   » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:02 pm

WeberFan
Captain (Junior Grade)

6L6 wrote:Thank you RFC, looking for a map showing the location of Maryksberg, is there one? How do you pronounce that?

Not sure about Maryksberg, but the Duchy of Black Horse is shown on the early world map of Safehold. One would think that the Duke of Black Horse would be at his keep at the time Nimue confronts him... The Duchy is not that large and probably has one large coastal port. It's east from Cheshyr Bay and west from Saint Howan's Bay.
Post by 6L6   » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:59 pm

6L6
Commander

Yes I saw that. Thanks

Return to Safehold