Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 72 guests

Snippet #7 (if I have it right)

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Snippet #7 (if I have it right)
Post by ksandgren   » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:15 pm

ksandgren
Captain (Junior Grade)

Thanks for the snippet, rfc. And as much as I crave those, it is much more important to preserve the author than get a snippet when I expect it. Snippets stop for good if the author expires, and they slow down much more if he is left blind and motionless.
Post by Hooked   » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:24 pm

Hooked
Ensign

Thank you for the snippet rfc. I echo the thought that please look after your health.
Post by WeberFan   » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:25 pm

WeberFan
Captain (Junior Grade)

Don't know if anyone paid attention to it because it was right at the end of the snippet, but Rydymak Keep,
Cheshyr bay, Earldom of Cheshyr is in the western part of Chisholm where the malcontents are...

Methinks some chicanery is afoot... :roll:
Post by chrisd   » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:39 pm

chrisd
Captain (Junior Grade)

Reader_of_Fiction wrote:Best Wishes on your recovery, and yes beware the wife--they are fearsome beasts when irritated!! :lol: . I've had cataract surgery, cornea transplant, and a shunt put in one eye thanks to little league baseball of some 40 years ago. You'll be amazed at how clear your vision becomes after the cataracts are removed.

Q) What is the most dangerous animal in the world?

A) A silent, smiling wife . . . .
Post by chrisd   » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:39 pm

chrisd
Captain (Junior Grade)

Reader_of_Fiction wrote:Best Wishes on your recovery, and yes beware the wife--they are fearsome beasts when irritated!! :lol: . I've had cataract surgery, cornea transplant, and a shunt put in one eye thanks to little league baseball of some 40 years ago. You'll be amazed at how clear your vision becomes after the cataracts are removed.

Q) What is the most dangerous animal in the world?

A) A silent, smiling wife . . . .
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:42 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

I wonder how much damage those 3 Rottweilers will end up doing? Looks like they'll visit Saram Bay and clean out the remaining western Dohlaran fleet. By the time the King Haraald VII, Gwyllym Manthyr and Prince Nahrmahn steam into the Gulf of Dohlar, the RDN will have Thirsk fleet and Dreadnought.
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:04 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

WeberFan wrote:Don't know if anyone paid attention to it because it was right at the end of the snippet, but Rydymak Keep,
Cheshyr bay, Earldom of Cheshyr is in the western part of Chisholm where the malcontents are...

The April YoG 897, Chapter IX in _Hell's Foundations Quiver_ has some background (the Dowager Countess is a loyalist, her son, the current Earl, is incapable of rule - paralyzed in an accident; can't even speak - and his 15 year old son is a brainless teenager.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by Randomiser   » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:22 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

RFC, I have been sad and rather disappointed at the lack of snippets recently, especially since seeing the way the forum has revived after your evidently enthusiastic burst of new snippets in August. I have even been reduced to checking for new snippets somewhat compulsively several times a day.

But however much I enjoy them I don't really need them, especially as the whole book is coming soon due to your sterling efforts. I know it is downright impertinent of me, but I suggest something radical is needed.

Lock your office, give Sharon the key and go have a rest.

Thanks for the usual tease them and leave them sections in the snippet, by the way.

God bless.
Post by Peter2   » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:11 am

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

WeberFan wrote:Don't know if anyone paid attention to it because it was right at the end of the snippet, but Rydymak Keep,

Ohhhh yes. Yes indeed. I spotted that too, and I'm really looking forward to reading about how they get their comeuppance :evil:
Post by lyonheart   » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:51 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi all,

I can only echo all the pleas for RFC to take care of himself, the cataracts are one thing but the vertigo etc, are much more worrisome.

Please, we may be selfish in wanting you to live an even longer life, but your spirit has touched ours and made them richer, and from such inspiration we want you to continue to gild us with your golden stories.

Not many of my prayers seem all that successful at the time, but know you'll still be there.

L
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!

Return to Safehold