Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests

ATST Snippet #6 (I think)

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: ATST Snippet #6 (I think)
Post by 6L6   » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:44 pm

6L6
Commander

I think that you are right, well done.
Post by Louis R   » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:05 am

Louis R
Rear Admiral

best guess is that the scale unit is not to scale :lol:

EdThomas wrote:I got to thinking the answer for the harbor defense might be angle guns. ThenI discovered what appears to be a scale in the lower left corner of the Gorath Bay map. Using photoshop I cut the scale and put it in in several places on the Bay and realized that either the Bay is huge or the scale represents something other than miles. For example, the waterfront in Queen Zhacklyn's harbor is more than 30+ scale units long. Even if the scale is in kilometers the waterfront's well over 18 miles long using a kilometer as .6 of a mile. Anybody got any thoughts on what the scale unit is?! :?
Post by Louis R   » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:06 am

Louis R
Rear Admiral

you think who is right, about what?

6L6 wrote:I think that you are right, well done.
Post by 6L6   » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:54 pm

6L6
Commander

Ed, But Louis R, I am sure that you are right too.
Post by Louis R   » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:11 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

Ah, Ed! I see.

Actually, I don't, but that's fine.

6L6 wrote:Ed, But Louis R, I am sure that you are right too.
Post by n7axw   » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:43 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Louis R wrote:Ah, Ed! I see.

Actually, I don't, but that's fine.

6L6 wrote:Ed, But Louis R, I am sure that you are right too.

Ahem... a very profound conversation we got going on here... :D

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by 6L6   » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:18 pm

6L6
Commander

snippet needed?
Post by Larry   » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:16 pm

Larry
Lieutenant Commander

6L6 wrote:snippet needed?

To be honest, I'd just like an update on how Mr. Weber is doing. I've been dealing with the declining health of an elderly relative lately and hearing about someone who is on the mend would be a terrific change of pace.
The book will be along, but knowing the author is better would be even nicer news. Like most of us (I suspect) I read several of Mr. Weber's other series and I hope he will have a chance to write many sequels and supplements for them. As well as take us on many other adventures to imaginary places that may still be floating in his mind for entirely different adventures. But he needs to be healthy for that, and that's were I hope he and his family and friends are concentrating.
I'm still smarting over the loss of Terry Pratchett. I'm hoping David is getting better, especially the cataracts and eyes.
Sorry, getting Maudlin. Been dealing with medical affairs and such for the past week. It's starting to show a bit.

Larry

On a purely unrelated note, how do you all insert those little smiley/expression faces into your postings? For the life of me I can't seem to figure it out.
Post by Keith_w   » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:40 pm

Keith_w
Commodore

Larry wrote:
6L6 wrote:snippet needed?

<Snipped>

Larry

On a purely unrelated note, how do you all insert those little smiley/expression faces into your postings? For the life of me I can't seem to figure it out.

If you are doing your editing from the forum, then they are at the top of the edit window.
--
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Return to Safehold