Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Yet another out of order snippet

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Yet another out of order snippet
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:03 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

wyrm wrote:
Peter2 wrote:My goodness, I really did enjoy that – so much so that I read it twice. I think I shall enjoy even more reading about the Great Fornicator's apoplectic fit after he first reads it.

What would make it perfect would be if, among the Grand Inquisitor's possessions, there was the key that would activate the orbital bombardment system, and Clyntahn destroyed it during the fit. Merlin telling Clyntahn that he had the key to victory in his hands, and destroyed it himself would be the most exquisite torture. :twisted:

Given the textev that you could fire Paiter's key out of a cannon without harming it, it seems unlikely that Clyntahn could destroy his key. OTOH, it could have accidently been thrown out by the cleaning staff when cleaning up after one of his "tantrums".
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Hooked   » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:38 pm

Hooked
Ensign

"
Greetings! We thank you for summoning Bishop Wylbyr home so that we might send him along with Bishop Zakryah, Father Mairydyth, Brother Zherohm, Father Charlz, Sister Tyldah, and Brother Hahnz to render a long overdue accounting for their actions before God and the Archangels.
"

Is it possible that the Sister Tyldah above is the sister of Byrtrym Zhansyn? Maybe she became upset when she found out that the "Fist of God" had killed vicars and turned in Helm Cleaver! maybe even the Sisters of Saint Kody, including sisters Zhorzhet and Marzho! If so, she is the first turncoat of which we are aware. Perhaps the inner circle is next?
My prediction record is perfect, I am always wrong but fun anyway.
Post by Randomiser   » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:32 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

Hooked wrote:"
Greetings! We thank you for summoning Bishop Wylbyr home so that we might send him along with Bishop Zakryah, Father Mairydyth, Brother Zherohm, Father Charlz, Sister Tyldah, and Brother Hahnz to render a long overdue accounting for their actions before God and the Archangels.
"

Is it possible that the Sister Tyldah above is the sister of Byrtrym Zhansyn? Maybe she became upset when she found out that the "Fist of God" had killed vicars and turned in Helm Cleaver! maybe even the Sisters of Saint Kody, including sisters Zhorzhet and Marzho! If so, she is the first turncoat of which we are aware. Perhaps the inner circle is next?
My prediction record is perfect, I am always wrong but fun anyway.

Interesting thoughts on the name. However, if it is her, it's more likely she is listed among the dead to cover her exfiltration, after she facilitated whatever it was that frightened Rayno so much.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:18 am

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

<snip>
Mother Church’s rod of correction was never created to become the personal whore of an arrogant, egotistical fornicator who sets his personal, unholy ambition above the will of God Himself.
<snip>

I just finished re-reading By Heresies Distressed and found a new thought op up in the last chapter. Samyl & Hauwerd are having their after diner conversation and one of them said that their family had a history from the day of creation to cause trouble for people like Clyntahn and earlier the point was made that the Book of Schuler and the Order it established were intended to keep the priesthood in line...
Seems like an Ultimate Weapon that got out of control.
Just my 2 ₡ worth

Return to Safehold