Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 67 guests

A Totally different out of order snippet

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: A Totally different out of order snippet
Post by Peter2   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:42 am

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

Sharp Claw wrote:Looks like the key of Schuler has been unlocked and the picas are either no longer afraid of operating in the temple or Clyntahn was snatched in the prison raid. We don't know where this confrontation takes place. It seems to be that it was decided that the best way to punish Clyntahn is to confront him with the truth so he feels the full guilt for his decisions or is driven crazy before killing him. I can't imagine they will let Clyntahn live when all other inquisitors are killed so "we have no intention of harming" seems strange. Maybe this is just an idea that is being discussed as a possible scenario for dealing with Clyntahn.

I would guess the former. IIRC, the furthest that Clyntahn has gone from the Temple was the Plaza of Martyrs – so that Gwilym Manthyr could spit in his face :P

But I suppose it's possible that in the case of this very special prisoner, he may well have gone a little further.
Post by Dilandu   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:42 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Henry Brown wrote:They are not going to harm him? Didn't Merlin once swear that Clyntahn was a dead man if he could ever catch him outside of the temple?

Hm. Just a though - how could we know WHO is talking with Clyntahn?

What if she's NOT Nimue?

What if she's someone else PICA's?

What if she's actually the Archangel? After all, if Archangels returned, they have quite a lot of reasons to be displeased by Clyntahn actions... De-facto it was him. who made situation hardly salvageable.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Henry Brown   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:59 am

Henry Brown
Commodore

Dilandu wrote:
Henry Brown wrote:They are not going to harm him? Didn't Merlin once swear that Clyntahn was a dead man if he could ever catch him outside of the temple?

What if she's NOT Nimue?

What if she's actually the Archangel? After all, if Archangels returned, they have quite a lot of reasons to be displeased by Clyntahn actions... De-facto it was him. who made situation hardly salvageable.

Well, the snippet includes the phrase "as Merlin said." So either the she in question 1. just played a recording/hologram of Merlin or 2. Merlin is present. Either way, I doubt there are Archangels involved.
Post by Sharp Claw   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:27 am

Sharp Claw
Lieutenant Commander

[They are not going to harm him? Didn't Merlin once swear that Clyntahn was a dead man if he could ever catch him outside of the temple?[/quote]

What if she's NOT Nimue?

What if she's actually the Archangel? After all, if Archangels returned, they have quite a lot of reasons to be displeased by Clyntahn actions... De-facto it was him. who made situation hardly salvageable.[/quote]

Well, the snippet includes the phrase "as Merlin said." So either the she in question 1. just played a recording/hologram of Merlin or 2. Merlin is present. Either way, I doubt there are Archangels involved.[/quote]

There is likely Schuler, or his hologram involved and it did say Clyntahn would get a chance to meet "them"
Post by clancy688   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:24 am

clancy688
Captain of the List

runsforcelery wrote:Okay, I'm gonna toss this out and then snatch my hand back from the shark tank. I will say only that I snipped 11 words out of the text (not saying where), just to hide the serial numbers and, well . . . :twisted:

You, Sir, are an evil man.

Hopefully you'll use that evil streak to give Clyntahn what he deserves. :D
Post by Joat42   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:37 am

Joat42
Admiral

I think it's a distinct possibility that Clyntahn visited St. Thyrmyn to gloat at the prisoner referenced in the first OOO snippet and Nimue + Merlin paid him a visit.

And regarding the 11 words removed from the snippet, maybe Nimue whipped out a NEAT so they could educate Clynthan a bit...

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Keith_w   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:50 am

Keith_w
Commodore

Thank you your Eviliness, for using this snippet to drive us mad with desire. :o
--
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Post by Undercover Fat Kid   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:52 am

Undercover Fat Kid
Commander

A NEAT wouldn't work because he doesn't have the nano implants.

Oh, how bad I needs this book.....<sobs quietly>
Death is as a feather,
Duty is as a mountain
This life is a dream
From which we all
Must wake
Post by Joat42   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:10 am

Joat42
Admiral

Undercover Fat Kid wrote:A NEAT wouldn't work because he doesn't have the nano implants.

Oh, how bad I needs this book.....<sobs quietly>

Doh! Of course. Well, they could always stick him into a VR suit, but I doubt they have one in Clyntahns size :D

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Rob the Fiend   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:10 am

Rob the Fiend
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Give him a "Extreme Makeover: Nanite edition" , slim him down to 70-80kg, and then send him back.

"I'm telling you, kretin, I AM Clyntahn...." :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Return to Safehold