Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

A Totally different out of order snippet

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
A Totally different out of order snippet
Post by runsforcelery   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:49 am

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Okay, I'm gonna toss this out and then snatch my hand back from the shark tank. I will say only that I snipped 11 words out of the text (not saying where), just to hide the serial numbers and, well . . . :twisted:

“Hell, Your Grace?” She laughed, and the sound was cold and cruel. “You don’t know the meaning of the word . . . yet.”

“Stay back!” he snapped.

“We have no intention of harming you in any way, Your Grace,” she told him. “None. As Merlin said, we’ve only come to enlighten you. You’ve talked a lot about your special relationship with Schueller and the archangels, so we thought you might like to meet them.”

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Re: A Totally different out of order snippet
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:59 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Thank you. RFC.

Arrrgh - nine weeks until the release.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:13 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

...huh.
Sooooo, it looks like Clyntahn is confronted by Nimue (not certain which one), but where...?
:ugeek:
Nimue's cave!
They caught Clyntahn as he was gloating over his prisoners in the Inquisition's base that they hit and took him to the Cave where they'll play the recordings to him, then stuff him in a Cryochamber for a few decades or until the Archangels Return, whereupon they'll thaw him out, give him a new face and show him just how much Humanity has advanced without him to hold it back!
:D
For Clyntahn, being stripped of his power and thus his ability to force everyone to follow the True Path As Decided By Clyntahn would be a hell beyond all reason, especially if he is simply handed over to the Bedardists to be kept safely imprisoned since he's as a "Madman who thinks he's Clyntahn".
:twisted:
Of course, this is just a guess and RFC probably did something totally different...
:lol:
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Kakai   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:48 am

Kakai
Commander

:o Well, this took a quick turn towards intriguing.

I think this is at this point that I truly realized that this is most likely the book in which Clyntahn dies.
-----------
When in mortal danger, when beset by doubt,
Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.

- Ciaphas Cain
Post by Dilandu   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:32 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Whoa.

Whoa.

WHOA.

So... the cards are on the table? They got Clyntahn, with no intention of harming him... physically? And they want him to meet the Archangels?

My IMHO: they got Schueller - the geniune, first-rate Archangel - out of the Key. And they arranged some sort of... conversation between Clyntahn&him?

I'm not sure that the question "what if Clyntahn would learn the truth in such way that it would be impossible even for him to persuade himself otherwise" was ever raised...
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by OrlandoNative   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:39 am

OrlandoNative
Captain (Junior Grade)

Dilandu wrote:I'm not sure that the question "what if Clyntahn would learn the truth in such way that it would be impossible even for him to persuade himself otherwise" was ever raised...

LOL, I'm not sure it's a question that *can* be raised. Clyntahn seems perfectly capable of generating his own perception of reality, no matter what is actually physically going on around him.

For him, his "map is the territory" indeed.
"Yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again."
Post by Braudel26   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:26 am

Braudel26
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

OrlandoNative wrote:
Dilandu wrote:I'm not sure that the question "what if Clyntahn would learn the truth in such way that it would be impossible even for him to persuade himself otherwise" was ever raised...

LOL, I'm not sure it's a question that *can* be raised. Clyntahn seems perfectly capable of generating his own perception of reality, no matter what is actually physically going on around him.

For him, his "map is the territory" indeed.

I agree with OrlandoNative, Clyntahn refuses realities much nearer to his experience than what we see here. I don't see why they try to confront him to the Archangels, he'll reject/transform anything presented to him.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:57 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Could this be the reason that Rayno is freaking out - Clyntahn has gone missing tracelessky?
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Sharp Claw   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:13 am

Sharp Claw
Lieutenant Commander

Looks like the key of Schuler has been unlocked and the picas are either no longer afraid of operating in the temple or Clyntahn was snatched in the prison raid. We don't know where this confrontation takes place. It seems to be that it was decided that the best way to punish Clyntahn is to confront him with the truth so he feels the full guilt for his decisions or is driven crazy before killing him. I can't imagine they will let Clyntahn live when all other inquisitors are killed so "we have no intention of harming" seems strange. Maybe this is just an idea that is being discussed as a possible scenario for dealing with Clyntahn.
Post by Henry Brown   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:21 am

Henry Brown
Commodore

They are not going to harm him? Didn't Merlin once swear that Clyntahn was a dead man if he could ever catch him outside of the temple?

Return to Safehold