Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests

A Totally different out of order snippet

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: A Totally different out of order snippet
Post by n7axw   » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:40 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Sharp Claw wrote:Looks like the key of Schuler has been unlocked and the picas are either no longer afraid of operating in the temple or Clyntahn was snatched in the prison raid. We don't know where this confrontation takes place. It seems to be that it was decided that the best way to punish Clyntahn is to confront him with the truth so he feels the full guilt for his decisions or is driven crazy before killing him. I can't imagine they will let Clyntahn live when all other inquisitors are killed so "we have no intention of harming" seems strange. Maybe this is just an idea that is being discussed as a possible scenario for dealing with Clyntahn.

It's possible that the key has been unlocked, but more probably not. The most likely scenario for this scene is in Nimue's cave where this little scene could be staged for Clyntahn's benefit by the seijins.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by OJsDad   » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:05 pm

OJsDad
Lieutenant Commander

I'm not going to say that anyone here is wrong about this being at the end of the book. But I'll throw out another possibility.

What if this takes place during the raid on St. Thyrmyn, and what has Rayno so shaken is that either, ) he was in the room with Clyntan, or b) Clyntan told him what happened.

Just some thoughts.
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:00 am

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Perfect Fate For Clyntahn. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Oh yes, I've read the full version. ;) ;) ;) ;)

runsforcelery wrote:Okay, I'm gonna toss this out and then snatch my hand back from the shark tank. I will say only that I snipped 11 words out of the text (not saying where), just to hide the serial numbers and, well . . . :twisted:

“Hell, Your Grace?” She laughed, and the sound was cold and cruel. “You don’t know the meaning of the word . . . yet.”

“Stay back!” he snapped.

“We have no intention of harming you in any way, Your Grace,” she told him. “None. As Merlin said, we’ve only come to enlighten you. You’ve talked a lot about your special relationship with Schueller and the archangels, so we thought you might like to meet them.”
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by lyonheart   » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:07 pm

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi Drak,

Yup, the punishment fir the crime, NTM it was the perfect end; and yet opens all kinds of future possibilities, warnings and/or portentous foreshadowings, that we will digest or gnaw over for the years before our next fix. 8-)

Just like last time. :lol:

L

DrakBibliophile wrote:Perfect Fate For Clyntahn. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Oh yes, I've read the full version. ;) ;) ;) ;)

runsforcelery wrote:Okay, I'm gonna toss this out and then snatch my hand back from the shark tank. I will say only that I snipped 11 words out of the text (not saying where), just to hide the serial numbers and, well . . . :twisted:

“Hell, Your Grace?” She laughed, and the sound was cold and cruel. “You don’t know the meaning of the word . . . yet.”

“Stay back!” he snapped.

“We have no intention of harming you in any way, Your Grace,” she told him. “None. As Merlin said, we’ve only come to enlighten you. You’ve talked a lot about your special relationship with Schueller and the archangels, so we thought you might like to meet them.”
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by Henry Brown   » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:47 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

Henry Brown wrote:I have thought it over some more. The only way I can think of that the "we are not here to harm you" comment makes any sense is if they plan to put him on trial for crimes against humanity or something along those lines.

My comment from August 29th. I got this one right. Excuse me while I congratulate myself on correctly interpreting on of RFC's out of order snippets. :lol:

Return to Safehold