Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 79 guests

and another out of order . . . well, you get the idea

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: and another out of order . . . well, you get the idea
Post by Weird Harold   » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:10 am

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

XofDallas wrote:3. Rendered it useless (or at least currently useless) for housing/interrogating future prisoners (this would be hard to hide for long);

Are there skunks (or some analog) on Safehold? :twisted:
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by Peter2   » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:38 am

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

Weird Harold wrote:
XofDallas wrote:3. Rendered it useless (or at least currently useless) for housing/interrogating future prisoners (this would be hard to hide for long);

Are there skunks (or some analog) on Safehold? :twisted:

Good idea! Compounds similar to the active principles of skunk scent should be comparatively easy for Sandra Lywys to make.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:37 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Peter2 wrote:
Good idea! Compounds similar to the active principles of skunk scent should be comparatively easy for Sandra Lywys to make.

Actually bad smell wouldn't cause Rayno to freak out.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Weird Harold   » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:05 am

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:Actually bad smell wouldn't cause Rayno to freak out.

Not the smell. Wall-to-wall skunks (or analog); far more than could be explained naturally, and possibly wearing the scepters and/or badges of the missing inquisitors. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by jchilds   » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:37 am

jchilds
Captain of the List

Pepe Le Pew romances Rayno?
Post by Frankjg   » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:31 am

Frankjg
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Whatever happened at the prison and being covered up. A clue that something happened there fell into the wrong hands without Rayno realizing he did it. Should be fun when it come out and the fall out it creates.
Post by Hildum   » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:54 pm

Hildum
Captain (Junior Grade)

I suppose it would be difficult to simply completely remove the prison, prisoners, and guards and leave an empty, grass field in a short order of time without the OBS noticing something. But I suspect that would freak out Rayno.
Post by martin   » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:39 pm

martin

Weird Harold wrote:
fallsfromtrees wrote:Actually bad smell wouldn't cause Rayno to freak out.

Not the smell. Wall-to-wall skunks (or analog); far more than could be explained naturally, and possibly wearing the scepters and/or badges of the missing inquisitors. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Maybe something from the 10 plagues, frogs, gnats or darkness? That would really shake Rayno. But how does that explain the absence of Vekko? And who is the woman with the damaged elbow? Is that actually Nimue? Or does she take the place of that woman?

Seijins can look how they want. So what about arriving as Schueller himself? Or maybe Seijin Khody to rescue his disciple - and everyone else at the same time?

More questions than answers...

Thank you RFC
Post by n7axw   » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:42 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Gracious...I didn't realize how much repressed creativity we had penned up. To bad I can't sell tickets to this. I'd get rich!!! :lol:

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by peke   » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:18 am

peke

Why is everyone assuming something along the lines of "big fracking explosion" or "slaughterhouse a la Mab"?

Here's a thought: instead of that, imagine a Schuelerite arriving at St. Thyrmyn's for some business and is not challenged at the gate. He enters and finds NO ONE at all. No inquisitors, no prisoners, no signs of a struggle, the torches lit and stew bubbling in the kitchen. Everything in perfect order, save the complete absence of people.

Kabooms are easy to understand (they're kabooms). Slaughters are easy to understand (put pointy end inside meatbag). But for psychological warfare, this kind of thing that cannot be explained and leaves such uncertainty can be just what the doctor ordered.

Comments, anyone?
------------------------------------------------------
There is no problem so complex that it cannot be solved through the judicious application of high-power explosives.

Return to Safehold