Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: L0ngrange and 75 guests

Another out of order snippet

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Another out of order snippet
Post by Duckk   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:01 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Thinking about this some, one possibility is that they unleashed a thermobaric weapon. The effects on a human are quite nasty and would be quite terrifying to the Inquisition, yet low tech enough that it wouldn't alert the OBS. It's an ideal use of the weapon, given its effect in the enclosed spaces of a prison. Also, it would go with the previous snippet where Nimue is advocating unleashing some of their own Rakurai.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Alistair   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:04 pm

Alistair
Rear Admiral

Wow!!!

Cannot wait to read this!!

These snippets are like creating a feeding frenzy here on the boards.
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:06 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Duckk wrote:Thinking about this some, one possibility is that they unleashed a thermobaric weapon. The effects on a human are quite nasty and would be quite terrifying to the Inquisition, yet low tech enough that it wouldn't alert the OBS. It's an ideal use of the weapon, given its effect in the enclosed spaces of a prison. Also, it would go with the previous snippet where Nimue is advocating unleashing some of their own Rakurai.

I can see that. Yet, setting it up would require killing everyone up and about first. Also, depending on where this was, the effects would be clear for everyone to see. No hope of a cover up.

If this facility is hidden away somewhere, that is a different matter. I suspect this place is quite visible.
Post by Undercover Fat Kid   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:09 pm

Undercover Fat Kid
Commander

I'm calling it. Merlin and Nimue stopped in to chew bubblegum and drop bodies, but Owl couldn't fab up any gum. Prisoners were whisked away, and heads on pikes adorned the walls, including a few visible places with no clear access. Finally a letter was left, explaining that due to exigencies of service, the demonic duo was unable to stick around and remonstrate properly, but could the inquisition please tone down the torture and general douche baggery. Pretty please. Or else.

Please say they were jamming out to some Dope (Die mother flipper), Slayer (blood rain), or Pantera (walk!) :mrgreen:
Death is as a feather,
Duty is as a mountain
This life is a dream
From which we all
Must wake
Post by Rob the Fiend   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:15 pm

Rob the Fiend
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Maybe they removed ALL bodies from the prison,
leaving only echoing emptiness in their wake. :twisted: :shock: :twisted:
Post by Undercover Fat Kid   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:15 pm

Undercover Fat Kid
Commander

It's official....I check the forums more than Facebook....lmao
Death is as a feather,
Duty is as a mountain
This life is a dream
From which we all
Must wake
Post by Kakai   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:15 pm

Kakai
Commander

Wow. Rayno sounds like he's about to have a panic attack. Some serious s**t has gone down there.

Rob the Fiend wrote:Maybe they removed ALL bodies from the prison,
leaving only echoing emptiness in their wake. :twisted: :shock: :twisted:

For some reason, when I saw that, my first thought was "maybe they removed all the prison bars?" which would be... more along the lines of a Looney Tunes gag than terrific vengeance, so Not Likely.

At any rate, obviously they used some obvious TF tech. Mayhaps they melted someone with nanites? Is this possible, actually? To make nanites release some chemicals that would melt your body within minutes? Because if something like this happened in the middle of my prison, I'd be pretty surely freaking out at Rayno's current levels.
-----------
When in mortal danger, when beset by doubt,
Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.

- Ciaphas Cain
Post by Direwolf18   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:36 pm

Direwolf18
Captain of the List

I wonder...

Does this strike have anything to do with the cover? Maybe it's not so much a 2 Sejin attack but a major assault. Done with an assault shuttle. Charisians storm in guns blazing, kick down the door, and shoot maaaany inquisitors in the head and proceed to grab prisoners.
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:41 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Direwolf18 wrote:I wonder...

Does this strike have anything to do with the cover? Maybe it's not so much a 2 Sejin attack but a major assault. Done with an assault shuttle. Charisians storm in guns blazing, kick down the door, and shoot maaaany inquisitors in the head and proceed to grab prisoners.

Ding, ding, ding! Methinks we gots a winner!

I believe Merlin is musing about installing a stealth field for it. If he can get it ready in time, then getting a 747 sized assault shuttle invisibly into and then out of Zion or environs with a couple hundred men/soldiers is indeed terrifying for Rayno.

So its the traceless infil and exfil of MANY soldiers that has him spooked. Nice!
Edit: spelling
Last edited by PeterZ on Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by Randomiser   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:48 pm

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

How about some constructive fun? You know that absolutely impervious clear battle steel floor they have in the Temple? Suppose they did some Dialydd Mab as usual but put the message up in big letters in the entrance hall sealed behind some of that. It makes the facility unusable because the Temple boys can't take the message down and everyone who sees it knows that kind of stuff can only be done by the archangels. Cue panic and heart attacks. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

(I was going to suggest the bodies were left sealed into such a shiny new floor but that's too :twisted: even for me!)

Return to Safehold