Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Oops! THIS out of order snippet was SUPPOSED to come next

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Oops! THIS out of order snippet was SUPPOSED to come nex
Post by Dilandu   » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:58 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

RazorBat wrote:However all of you are forgetting that Merlin and the alliance will eventually come clean at some point after the power of Mother Church is broken and separated into independent church groups. Then there will be the Enlightenment (full history of mankind and the Gaba) to Safehold at some point after that. So again there will be nothing that smacks of greater powers for the general population to reexam after the fact. Currently the envelope of human acceptance has been constantly expanded and accepted as the church follows in developing tech, but things completely outside the current expanded experience will be very problematic. I'd should make this more concise, but I don't have time right now. Sorry for typos.

There should be relatively long period of preparation, to avoid the total social collapse. The "well, we told them the truth" thing would not be a good excuse, if the Safehold civilization would shatter into the total chaos. Currently even the Charis isn't prepared to the truth.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by SCC   » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:41 pm

SCC
Commander

The interesting possibilities of biological or chemical warfare are that they might have the potential to break the prescribations
Post by dan92677   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:14 am

dan92677
Commander

as usual, an enigma within a conundrum, or is it the other way?

Anyhow, Thanks RFC!!!!
Post by Joat42   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:56 am

Joat42
Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:
Dilandu wrote:The chemical weapon represent the ideological problem: it would be pretty hard to explain the opposite side that there is nothing demonic in mustard gas. Nerve gases represent the same problem: if some Safeholdian witness their use, they would start to scratch their heads pretty hard "what could it be", and the "demonic intervention" would be the first answer.

PeterZ wrote:Totally agree, Dilandu. Yet, it appears that many posters went there. I just wanted my disclaimer on record.

I see your point, and I am NOT saying that any form of gas was used in this instance , either. Trust me. I would, however, point out that in many ways, the inner circle realizes that it is entering the -- or at least an -- endgame phase. And I suppose I should also point out that there are other targets than physical ones. Now, as to what that might mean . . . .

That sounds like some type of psychological attack to really shake up the faith among the Inquisition. Like old maffia style warnings, ie. horsehead in the bed.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:43 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Recall Clyntahn and Rayno discussing no demons have nor could attack Zion. If this facility is in Zion and our walking cuisinart-ginsu knives turn a bunch Inquisitors into so much steak tartar, how well does the claim that these seijin are in fact demons? If even the honest Inquisitors (Rayno) begin to accept God does NOT favor Clyntahn, then he is toast.

Joat42 wrote:
PeterZ wrote:Totally agree, Dilandu. Yet, it appears that many posters went there. I just wanted my disclaimer on record.

runsforcelery wrote:
I see your point, and I am NOT saying that any form of gas was used in this instance , either. Trust me. I would, however, point out that in many ways, the inner circle realizes that it is entering the -- or at least an -- endgame phase. And I suppose I should also point out that there are other targets than physical ones. Now, as to what that might mean . . . .

That sounds like some type of psychological attack to really shake up the faith among the Inquisition. Like old maffia style warnings, ie. horsehead in the bed.

Edit:spelling
Last edited by PeterZ on Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by Joat42   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:54 am

Joat42
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:Recall Clyntahn and Rayno discussing no demons have nor could attack Zion. If this facility is in Zion and our walking cuisinart-ginsu knives turn a bunch Inquisitors into so much steak tartar, how well does the claim that these seijin are in fact demons? If even the honest Inquisitors (Rayno) begin to accept God does NOT tabor Clyntahn, then he is toast.

Why do I get the feeling that I'm going to chuckle with glee when I read what they are up to. :twisted:

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:09 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
PeterZ wrote:Recall Clyntahn and Rayno discussing no demons have nor could attack Zion. If this facility is in Zion and our walking cuisinart-ginsu knives turn a bunch Inquisitors into so much steak tartar, how well does the claim that these seijin are in fact demons? If even the honest Inquisitors (Rayno) begin to accept God does NOT tabor Clyntahn, then he is toast.

Why do I get the feeling that I'm going to chuckle with glee when I read what they are up to. :twisted:

Because you have a nasty, vengeance driven mind?
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Dilandu   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:11 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Hm... a crasy idea of biopsychological warfare: what if we hit Clyntahn with special-designed virus (personally-customized to his DNA, of course!), which would change his skin pigmentation? :)

I think the TF biotech was sufficient enough to provide some sort of "unholy signs of Shain-Wei" to appear on Clyntahn skin) Of course, horns would be better, but they would require too much work) So, i think something like inverted Langhorne scepter on the skin of Grand Inquisitor would be much better)

So, the other Inquisitors would have clear, absolute proofs, that their superior sold his soul to Shain-Wei. I doubt that they would have much doubt about it... :)
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by n7axw   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:37 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I suppose that something bio or chemical could happen, but there is no textev to suggest that either side is thinking in this direction or that the good guys would do something like this even if they could.

Thinking about the Honorverse, iirc, only the bad guys are dabbling in it...

So my guess is that what Merlin and Nimue are up to is going to be impressive, but I doubt that it will go in this direction.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by DMcCunney   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:56 pm

DMcCunney
Captain of the List

Dilandu wrote:Hm... a crasy idea of biopsychological warfare: what if we hit Clyntahn with special-designed virus (personally-customized to his DNA, of course!), which would change his skin pigmentation? :)

First, they would have to have a sample of his DNA. Where would they get it, how would the virus be produced, and how would it be delivered?

I don't see Merlin and company doing this if they could, and I don't see them being able to do it at all.
_______
Dennis

Return to Safehold