Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 65 guests

And following along with out of order snippets . . . . .

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: And following along with out of order snippets . . . . .
Post by Undercover Fat Kid   » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:35 am

Undercover Fat Kid
Commander

Not their MO. Having Clinton smoke an innovator and, so far as we're aware, decent human being would be a pretty radical departure, imho.

Joat42 wrote:Maybe N&M used something new that Brother Lynkyn has invented to cause mayhem in the prison. That way they exact revenge on the inquisition and gets Lynkyn in to trouble. :twisted:
Death is as a feather,
Duty is as a mountain
This life is a dream
From which we all
Must wake
Post by Joat42   » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:41 am

Joat42
Admiral

Undercover Fat Kid wrote:Not their MO. Having Clinton smoke an innovator and, so far as we're aware, decent human being would be a pretty radical departure, imho.

Joat42 wrote:Maybe N&M used something new that Brother Lynkyn has invented to cause mayhem in the prison. That way they exact revenge on the inquisition and gets Lynkyn in to trouble. :twisted:

Not enough to get him killed, just into trouble.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:48 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
Undercover Fat Kid wrote:Not their MO. Having Clinton smoke an innovator and, so far as we're aware, decent human being would be a pretty radical departure, imho.

Not enough to get him killed, just into trouble.

Ah! Merlin and Nimue fired rockets at the facility! Sure they packed the rockets with oodles TNT and used TF tech to guide their toys precisely, but as far as the Inquisition is concerned only they have rockets. If only they have the rockets, then if the seijin used rockets, then those rockets must have come from Brother Lynkyn.

I believe we have deduced another puzzle, Watson.
Post by runsforcelery   » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:46 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

PeterZ wrote:Ah! Merlin and Nimue fired rockets at the facility! Sure they packed the rockets with oodles TNT and used TF tech to guide their toys precisely, but as far as the Inquisition is concerned only they have rockets. If only they have the rockets, then if the seijin used rockets, then those rockets must have come from Brother Lynkyn.

You have, have you? (He asked innocently.) :lol:

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:50 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:

PeterZ wrote:Ah! Merlin and Nimue fired rockets at the facility! Sure they packed the rockets with oodles TNT and used TF tech to guide their toys precisely, but as far as the Inquisition is concerned only they have rockets. If only they have the rockets, then if the seijin used rockets, then those rockets must have come from Brother Lynkyn.

You have, have you? (He asked innocently.) :lol:

If I have encouraged continued interest in your engaging your devoted readers, I'll gladly play the fool.
-runs to get his fool's cap-
Post by runsforcelery   » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:58 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

runsforcelery wrote:You have, have you? (He asked innocently.) :lol:

PeterZ wrote:If I have encouraged continued interest in your engaging your devoted readers, I shall continue to play the fool.

Actually, I am out of the office at the moment and replying from my Kindle. Which is a pain in the butt. So I'm afraid that once I get back to home base, I am back to slaving away in the salt mines. :cry:

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:04 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:You have, have you? (He asked innocently.) :lol:

PeterZ wrote:If I have encouraged continued interest in your engaging your devoted readers, I shall continue to play the fool.

runsforcelery wrote: Actually, I am out of the office at the moment and replying from my Kindle. Which is a pain in the butt. So I'm afraid that once I get back to home base, I am back to slaving away in the salt mines. :cry:

Then slave away for only as long as you remain productive. Return when you wish entertainment. Whether some of our wilder fancies or erudite comments succeed more is irrelevant, I am sure all of us are equally happy providing either and or both.

I usually use the kindle too. It IS a PITA!
Post by WeberFan   » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:16 pm

WeberFan
Captain (Junior Grade)

So here's what I glean from the way out of order snippets when I start stitching them together:
- Through some means, the Inquisition learns about Mistress Marzho and arrests her, taking her to the Inquisition prison. Perhaps others too.
- Merlin and Nimue learn of this, and learn that Mistress Marzho is being subjected to The Question at the prison.
- Nimue gets really torqued off and voices her "God's own Rakurai" statement.
- On further reflection, the Inner Circle comes up with what may be a better plan, which is then implemented (Merlin and Nimue probably play some key role, lots of mayhem ensues, the physical building in which the prisoners are being kept remains standing).
- The Inquisition discovers that all their personnel at the facility have been torn apart - beheaded, body parts and gore all over the place - basically hellfire, brimstone, and a whole bunch of "Old Testament" stuff. The term "Troy-Bilt chipper-shredder" comes to mind here. :twisted: The Inquisition, being naturally outgoing, open, and completely honest with the Council of Vicars, tells everyone what has happened (you DO know that I'm shoveling BS with that statement, right?? :roll: ). Of course the rumors leak out, and Brother Lynkyn is dispatched to uncover the real truth. :shock:

I'm dying to find out what Brother Lynkyn discovers, and I'm even more curious to find out what Magwair and Duchairn say or do about it... Why do I have it in my head that there are messages of retribution scrawled on the walls in inquisitor blood... "Repent now... God's own Seijin are coming for YOU!"
Post by Reptide   » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:58 pm

Reptide
Midshipman

hmm hard to say whats going to hapend but its quite hard cover somethink like 2000lb explozion or rocket attack. I think seiing going to do somekind comando attack, silenced weapons and knives, lots of dead guards and no witness.
I think brother Lynkyn wll be the guy who sugest there is a wai how silenced rifle shots so its make him sudenly primary suspect.
-------------------------
“Well, that’s hardly his fault,” Merlin replied, slightly surprised by his own almost defensive tone. “He was designed as a fire control system, and the Navy didn’t want its weapons systems to have too much imagination.”
Post by Alistair   » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:34 pm

Alistair
Rear Admiral

WeberFan wrote:So here's what I glean from the way out of order snippets when I start stitching them together:
- Through some means, the Inquisition learns about Mistress Marzho and arrests her, taking her to the Inquisition prison. Perhaps others too.
- Merlin and Nimue learn of this, and learn that Mistress Marzho is being subjected to The Question at the prison.
- Nimue gets really torqued off and voices her "God's own Rakurai" statement.
- On further reflection, the Inner Circle comes up with what may be a better plan, which is then implemented (Merlin and Nimue probably play some key role, lots of mayhem ensues, the physical building in which the prisoners are being kept remains standing).
- The Inquisition discovers that all their personnel at the facility have been torn apart - beheaded, body parts and gore all over the place - basically hellfire, brimstone, and a whole bunch of "Old Testament" stuff. The term "Troy-Bilt chipper-shredder" comes to mind here. :twisted: The Inquisition, being naturally outgoing, open, and completely honest with the Council of Vicars, tells everyone what has happened (you DO know that I'm shoveling BS with that statement, right?? :roll: ). Of course the rumors leak out, and Brother Lynkyn is dispatched to uncover the real truth. :shock:

I'm dying to find out what Brother Lynkyn discovers, and I'm even more curious to find out what Magwair and Duchairn say or do about it... Why do I have it in my head that there are messages of retribution scrawled on the walls in inquisitor blood... "Repent now... God's own Seijin are coming for YOU!"

I think that's a good as guess as any...

Not sure if it will be a Sejin direct attack with swoords and guns though- But if it was it would be a fun read!

Return to Safehold