Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 66 guests

Begging for Snippets!

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Begging for Snippets!
Post by jchilds   » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm

jchilds
Captain of the List

A Litany for Snippets?

I must snippet.
Snippets are the fan-slakers.
Snippets are the little-squees that presage total publication.
I will post my snippets.
I will permit them to pass over me and through me.
And when they have gone viral I will turn the Internet to see their path.
Where the snippets have gone there will be speculation. Only I will know.
Post by jchilds   » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:03 pm

jchilds
Captain of the List

(Reposting from last time.)

Every snippet's sacred.
Every snippet's good.
Every snippet's needed,
In our neighbourhood.

Every snippet's sacred.
Every snippet's great.
If a snippet's delayed,
The Mob gets desperate.
:P
Post by n7axw   » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:06 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Charybdis wrote:
bigrunt wrote:7 Days without a snippet makes one weak. Please sir may we have some more pudding (stares mournfully at our plate that still holds meat)

OK, I have groaned weak at the lack for almost a week of snippet, lovely snippet! :oops:

It is Nine 5-days, or should that be 9 fivedays, before the big reveal and that famished feeling continues apace. We know that Himself has an obligatory command performance at HonorCon in Raleigh at the end of October so I doubt that we will get any in that last fortnight. So, logically we have 5 TF-Standard weeks for normal and out-of-sequence snippets (I seem to like the latter for the shear speculation generated!) :lol:

Having said the former, with tongue firmly in cheek, the reports of RFC's health problems remind me that flesh is frail and we do want to see good endings for these many story arcs. If the lack of snippets is RFC taking care of health, then, by ALL MEANS, continue! I (and we) will wait, somewhat impatiently, for USofA ELECTION DAY, November 8th! :shock:

(What, you didn't notice? Non-Yanks are excused but the rest of us, come on now!) :roll:

I don't know what will make me happier, the end of political season or the appearance of AtSoT on the same day. Then Honorverse SoV appears one week earlier... 《sigh》

Blessing on RFC... Hope he takes the GP's advice and that Sharon keeps him firmly in line...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by emeye   » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:29 pm

emeye
Commander

16T weight drops and flattens jchilds

jchilds wrote:(Reposting from last time.)

Every snippet's sacred.
Every snippet's good.
Every snippet's needed,
In our neighbourhood.

Every snippet's sacred.
Every snippet's great.
If a snippet's delayed,
The Mob gets desperate.
:P
Post by Alistair   » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:20 am

Alistair
Rear Admiral

sigh no snippet
Post by tootall   » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:54 am

tootall
Captain (Junior Grade)

Alistair wrote:sigh no snippet

But Himself posts late. There's still hope.
Post by Randomiser   » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:31 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

I guess RFC has given Sharon the key to the office, or is seeing the Neurologist or maybe is even having his cataracts done. Good for him; disappointing for the child in all the rest of us. Never mind, the book will be out in time to distract us from the results of the US election.
Post by Charybdis   » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:40 am

Charybdis
Captain of the List

Randomiser wrote:I guess RFC has given Sharon the key to the office, or is seeing the Neurologist or maybe is even having his cataracts done. Good for him; disappointing for the child in all the rest of us. Never mind, the book will be out in time to distract us from the results of the US election.

To be followed by the next set of upsets like the fallout from BrExit - SNP calling for another independence vote? As a world, we do not lack for distractions and far too many are of the darkside! :evil:

I am hoping that Sharon guards that door well! While none of RFC's listed maladies are anywhere close to mortal (ref: a certain Duke), they are all distressing. Given the 4 epic arcs he has working, I dearly want time for him to complete. On the good side, at least, lacking any report, he doesn't have vocal cord nodes or anything that interferes with his dictation ability. :?
-----

What say you, my peers?
Post by Keith_w   » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:50 am

Keith_w
Commodore

Randomiser wrote:I guess RFC has given Sharon the key to the office, or is seeing the Neurologist or maybe is even having his cataracts done. Good for him; disappointing for the child in all the rest of us. Never mind, the book will be out in time to distract us from the results of the US election.

I was heading out to work the other day and stopped to chat with my neighbour who was taking his dog for a walk. He told me that he had had cataract surgery the day before and was amazed at how much difference it had made to reading and watching TV that evening. I was amazed at how soon he was able to do that. Hopefully David has the same sort of experience.
--
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Post by Randomiser   » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:31 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

Keith_w wrote:
I was heading out to work the other day and stopped to chat with my neighbour who was taking his dog for a walk. He told me that he had had cataract surgery the day before and was amazed at how much difference it had made to reading and watching TV that evening. I was amazed at how soon he was able to do that. Hopefully David has the same sort of experience.

Indeed. Some people experience immediate wonderfulness; for others it seems to take 2 or 3 weeks before everything settles down and they get the final effect. I guess it depends on their eyes and what was done. My father-in-law had corrective lenses implanted and, now, for the first time in years, he doesn't need glasses. In the UK SOP seems to be to do one eye at a time and let that heal before doing the other. Part of that may be because the operation is typically being done on people a fair bit older than RFC.

Return to Safehold