Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

What if...Cast of Safehold

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: What if...Cast of Safehold
Post by Keith_w   » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:39 am

Keith_w
Commodore

Posts: 899
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:10 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Maisey Williams for Irys
Justin Beiber as a dead sailor, floating face down in the aftermath of the battle of Darcos Sound.
--
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Top
Re: What if...Cast of Safehold
Post by Dauntless   » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:13 pm

Dauntless
Commodore

Posts: 891
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:54 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Keith_w wrote:Maisey Williams for Irys
Justin Beiber as a dead sailor, floating face down in the aftermath of the battle of Darcos Sound.


might work.

or maybe as one of those young officers who took a cannonball to the chest. :D
Top
Re: What if...Cast of Safehold
Post by saber964   » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:44 pm

saber964
Admiral

Posts: 2319
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:41 pm
Location: Spokane WA USA

Dauntless wrote:
Keith_w wrote:Maisey Williams for Irys
Justin Beiber as a dead sailor, floating face down in the aftermath of the battle of Darcos Sound.


might work.

or maybe as one of those young officers who took a cannonball to the chest. :D



Nope best if the Beib had his head taken off by a cannon ball or maybe as a guest of the inquisition and Clyntahn at the end.
Top
Re: What if...Cast of Safehold
Post by Randomiser   » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:51 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1309
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: Scotland

Why do people keep suggesting actresses 10+ years older than Sharleyan is, at least at the start of the series, to play her?
Top
Re: What if...Cast of Safehold
Post by Keith_w   » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:49 am

Keith_w
Commodore

Posts: 899
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:10 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Randomiser wrote:Why do people keep suggesting actresses 10+ years older than Sharleyan is, at least at the start of the series, to play her?


Because it's easier to act younger than you are than older? And then to age into a role.
--
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Top
Re: What if...Cast of Safehold
Post by PeterZ   » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:53 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 5797
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:11 pm
Location: Colorado

Chris Pratt as Cayleb
Zachary Levi as Merlin
Chitrangada Singh as Sharleyan
Benedict Cumberbatch as Green Valley
Top
Re: What if...Cast of Safehold
Post by EdThomas   » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:23 am

EdThomas
Captain of the List

Posts: 505
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Rhode Island USA

Chitrangada Singh makes a better Ninyan IMHO
Top
Re: What if...Cast of Safehold
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:22 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 5797
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:11 pm
Location: Colorado

Too young looking for Nynian.

For some reason I think that the story describes Charisians as Pacific islanders. The image I have is for Cayleb to be an Maylay Eurasian. Charis and Emerald are Eurasian/full Maylay. Chisholmians are darker complected with African and semitic features. Siddermarkians are American Anglo. Corisandians are Celtic with fairer features but still not really blonde or red headed. All the nations will have a smattering of human phenotypes but in general their characteristics corespondent to the above.

I also envision all their accents mixed and matched from all over the English speaking world. Siddermark is Asian indian. Charis is American south. Emerald is American deep south. Corisande is some vulgar British accent for the aristocracy while commoners use something more like the Cambridge accent. Temple Lands are strong Aussie. Harchong have a heavy Slavic accent. South Harchong are Boston Bahmin to their toes. Delthak is Brooklyn and Howard is various eastcoast accents.

EdThomas wrote:Chitrangada Singh makes a better Ninyan IMHO
Top
Re: What if...Cast of Safehold
Post by EdThomas   » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:25 pm

EdThomas
Captain of the List

Posts: 505
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Rhode Island USA

PeterZ wrote:SNIP
For some reason I think that the story describes Charisians as Pacific islanders. The image I have is for Cayleb to be an Maylay Eurasian. Charis and Emerald are Eurasian/full Maylay. Chisholmians are darker complected with African and semitic features. Siddermarkians are American Anglo. Corisandians are Celtic with fairer features but still not really blonde or red headed. All the nations will have a smattering of human phenotypes but in general their characteristics corespondent to the above.



SNIP

I like it. Any chance you could point to a description of these? Anglo-American would in clude Western European? Eurasian would cover slavic, midddle east and the northern himalayas? Malay is epicanthic fold, brown-yellow skin, china/japan/vietnamese?

So then, Lynda Carter, one of the earliest Wonder Women for Nynian.
Top
Re: What if...Cast of Safehold
Post by XofDallas   » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:24 pm

XofDallas
Commander

Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:50 pm

Dauntless wrote:
Keith_w wrote:Maisey Williams for Irys
Justin Beiber as a dead sailor, floating face down in the aftermath of the battle of Darcos Sound.


might work.

or maybe as one of those young officers who took a cannonball to the chest. :D


But then you'd still have to see his face. Floating face down is more artistically pleasing.
Top

Return to Safehold