Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 77 guests

Happy 63rd Birthday Mr. Weber (24 Oct 2015)

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Happy 63rd Birthday Mr. Weber (24 Oct 2015)
Post by WeberFan   » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:28 pm

WeberFan
Captain (Junior Grade)

I've been out of pocket in the Middle East for a while so accept my belated congratulations! Your works keep me sane when I'm far from home. Keep up the great work! :D
Re: Happy 64th Birthday Mr. Weber (24 Oct 2016)
Post by USMA74   » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:48 am

USMA74
Commander

Best wishes to you on this special day. Hope your health situation improves so I can continue buying your books for many years to come.
Post by WeberFan   » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:44 pm

WeberFan
Captain (Junior Grade)

And many, MANY more! :D
Post by wkernochan   » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:35 pm

wkernochan
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Congratulations, Maestro Weber, and many more. On this solemn occasion, I thought it might be useful to you if I passed on my Father's advice on a similar landmark birthday.

At the time, he was still alive, and pretty spry, but had been suffering various ailments for many years. I was beginning to encounter the joys of things like arthritis, and I asked him what I should expect from now on. He put his hand on my shoulder, and looked at me earnestly.

"Son," he said, "Let me give you some important advice:

Don't grow old."

"Gee, thanks a lot, Dad," I said :)

I hope that my Father's advice is every bit as useful to you as it was to me. :|

And aside from that, have a great birthday! - w

runsforcelery wrote:Thanks, everybody!

Tomorrow is officially The Day, of course, but I appreciate the early best wishes. They remind me of what happened a few years ago, though.

Megan and Morgan have their birthday on October sixth, and they were born in 2001. So in 2012, I said to Megan, "This month you'll be eleven and Daddy will be fifty-nine."

Megan: "Nope."

Daddy: "Uh-huh!"

Megan: "Nope."

Daddy: "You two were born in 2001."

Medan: "Yep."

Daddy: "And 2012 minus 2001 is eleven!"

Megyn: "Yep."

Daddy [with the triumphant air of one who has proven his point with impeccable logic]: "So you guys will be eleven and Daddy will be fifty-nine."

Megan [with great patience for her dad's obviously incipient senility]: "Daddy, 2012 minus 1952 is sixty; it's not fifty-nine."
Post by Nick   » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:42 pm

Nick

runsforcelery wrote:Thanks, everybody!

Tomorrow is officially The Day, of course, but I appreciate the early best wishes. They remind me of what happened a few years ago, though.

Megan and Morgan have their birthday on October sixth, and they were born in 2001.

snip

I have it on good authority that October sixth is the BEST day for birthdays, and that everyone born on 10/6 is naturally attractive and intelligent, with personality to match. ;)

Which is just silly. Obviously those traits apply to all October birthdays. Hope yours is a great one, and that you and your family have a wonderful day!
Post by XofDallas   » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:22 pm

XofDallas
Commander

Happy Birthday! And may you have many, many more!

I hope your year is a great one!
Post by Charybdis   » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:35 pm

Charybdis
Captain of the List

Wishing you a VERY HAPPY Birthday and, if you are like me, you will skip the candles as that will avoid the fire hazard and smoke alarums! :lol:

Of course that makes the assumption that you still maintain control in your household. The fact that said household contains at least 3 females renders the above moot! :twisted:

Given that your two daughters are approaching young womanhood, I am very happy that you are a successful author as that gives you a 'slight' chance to stay ahead of the spending curve! :roll:

Again, the very best wishes to you and for the season, best wishes to all of your nearest and dearest! God Bless! :P
-----

What say you, my peers?
Post by clancy688   » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:25 pm

clancy688
Captain of the List

Happy birthday! :D
Post by ka8wtk   » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:47 pm

ka8wtk

Happy Birthday!
Post by cthia   » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:59 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Happy Birthday! and Happy BIRTH Day too!

You're gonna need the wind in the belly of Reginald Houseman over in the Honorverse to help you blow that much fire out.

I think you have to alert the Fire Dept. before you light that many candles.

Check your fire extinguishers too! :lol:

Oh! Don't stand so close to the cake when you're huffing and puffing. If you should catch fire, you'll need a whole lot of handwaving trying to put it out!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Safehold