Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 67 guests

HFQ Official Snippet #28

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: HFQ Official Snippet #28
Post by xrayangiodoc   » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:38 pm

xrayangiodoc
Ensign

I checked on iBooks. They list the book at 250 pages! Seems about half the length I would have expected, especially with the glossary! Anyone else aware of any info on the actual length of the book? I put myself on the wait-list for my library's ordered copy. I'm #3. If the book is that short I shouldn't have to wait too long to get my shot at it.

Whoops! Amazon shows it at 784 pages. Much better. My wait will be longer but I'll likely break down and buy my own copy.
Post by n7axw   » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:46 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

xrayangiodoc wrote:I checked on iBooks. They list the book at 250 pages! Seems about half the length I would have expected, especially with the glossary! Anyone else aware of any info on the actual length of the book? I put myself on the wait-list for my library's ordered copy. I'm #3. If the book is that short I shouldn't have to wait too long to get my shot at it.

Whoops! Amazon shows it at 784 pages. Much better. My wait will be longer but I'll likely break down and buy my own copy.

I'm going to do both. Safehold is the only series where I feel the impulse to do dead tree...

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by ChaChaCharms   » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:32 am

ChaChaCharms
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I thought it was a new snippet until I recognized the number!
Why do you make my heart skip a beat... gaaah!!! Image
Post by ChaChaCharms   » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:20 pm

ChaChaCharms
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I guess I don't feel nearly as upset now that I have gotten to read through a lot of the characters in the amazon preview, it has spoilers of its own right there, link to it is in the amazon preview thread.

Return to Safehold