Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 72 guests

HFQ Offical Snippet #18

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: HFQ Offical Snippet #18
Post by bigrunt   » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:21 pm

bigrunt
Lieutenant Commander

Echoing everyone's good wishes for your wife. She is more important than a feeding the kracken's that keep pestering you (of which I am one). Thank you for the snippet. Please take care of Sharon.
Post by ka8wtk   » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:12 pm

ka8wtk
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Let me add my best wishes for you and Sharon. I like the snippets very much but know first hand that the health of a memeber of the family comes before all else. Especially if it is my wife, my most prized relatioship of this world. There is no need to be sorry for what you feel is a "late" snippet. Take care of the home front first and the rest will take care of itself.

Bill
Post by Keith_w   » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:24 pm

Keith_w
Commodore

With everyone else, best wishes for Sharon's recovery. Thank you for the snippet, but as always, first things first.
--
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Post by Highjohn   » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:37 pm

Highjohn
Commander

I do believe that everyone understands that dealing with the consequences of a loved one's illness takes priority over a purely voluntary action of giving sneak peaks of your work to fans. So really there is no need to apologizes for being a decent human being.

P.S. If someone doesn't understand that then they need their head looked at as they may actually have brain damage, because even a psychopath should be able to comprehend that other people do care what happens to the people around them.
Post by kbus888   » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:58 pm

kbus888
Vice Admiral

=2015/02/05=
Mr Weber

Both you and yours are in my prayers.

R
..//* *\\
(/(..^..)\)
.._/'*'\_
.(,,,)^(,,,)

Love is a condition in which
the happiness of another
is essential to your own. - R Heinlein
Post by Chev   » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:04 pm

Chev
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I hope she gets well soon!
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:11 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

gcomeau wrote:snip

Hmmm... Nitroglycerin? No visual description of the substance itself but the packing into sticks suggests someone just re-invented some variant of dynamite?

Let me add my prayers and good wishes for a speedy recovery for Sharon and all.

In LAMA, Aug 896, Chapter 5, there is a comment that Lywys was about ready to produce dynamite - basically Nobel's original formulation (which used nitro) with diatomaceous earth as a stabilizer. So that is undoubtedly what is being talked about here.

Note that we got not one but two cliff hangers in this snippet - talk about a bonus.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by n7axw   » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:28 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Best wishes to David and family. We all hope the sailing for them gets smoother from here.

That was a very nice snippet. We learned a quite a bit. First of all, we learned that the guys in the river got hauled out, a bit worse for wear. We are still waiting on the kerboom, although not much drama there sinse we know it's coming.

More interesting is that Hanth's priority has been downgraded for the moment; this in spite of being in hot pursuit of Rychtyr. The heavy fighting is to be to points north. That is obviously refering to BGV and perhaps to Sympkyns facing Kaitswyth. Those two COG armies need to be engaged and destroyed to clear the way for the confrontation with the Harchongese.

I am wondering if there will still be pursuit of Ahlverez and what resourses will be devoted to that.

All in all, we don't have the complete goods yet, but the picture is starting to emerge.

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Chief-CWH   » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:36 pm

Chief-CWH

Location: Tx, Al, La, VA, Ak, Md, NC and everywhere in between. Army Brat-Army Officer

Wishing Sharon the best of health.

I am going to Duke because my last back surgery punctured my left lung and it has stop working. I am breathing only on my right lung and its weak from three previous bouts of pneumonia. I hope Sharon is having better luck.

Take good care of her.
-------------------------------------

Commission Officer Vs Warrant Officer
When you Commission someone you hope that they will work.
When you Warrant someone you know that they will work.

Chief Warrant Officer 3 Ret US Army - Ordnance/Signal
Post by SHV   » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:47 pm

SHV

" and just under a hundred tons of Sahndrah Lywys’ newest brainchild. On a pound-for-pound basis, Lywysite...."
When I first read that, I read it as "Lewisite" and thought this war just took a very ugly turn.

Steve

Return to Safehold