Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 45 guests

HFQ up on Amazon

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
HFQ up on Amazon
Post by Reader_of_Fiction   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:18 pm

Reader_of_Fiction
Ensign

I just did a search on Amazon, and HFQ is showing up with a pub date of September 8, 2015. No cover art yet, but you Safehold junkies will be getting a fix two month earlier than first thought, if Amazon is telling the truth! :lol:
Re: HFQ up on Amazon
Post by jlrice54   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:37 pm

jlrice54
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Reader_of_Fiction wrote:I just did a search on Amazon, and HFQ is showing up with a pub date of September 8, 2015. No cover art yet, but you Safehold junkies will be getting a fix two month earlier than first thought, if Amazon is telling the truth! :lol:

I've already entered my pre-order with advance shipping.
Post by Charybdis   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:57 pm

Charybdis
Captain of the List

jlrice54 wrote:
Reader_of_Fiction wrote:I just did a search on Amazon, and HFQ is showing up with a pub date of September 8, 2015. No cover art yet, but you Safehold junkies will be getting a fix two month earlier than first thought, if Amazon is telling the truth! :lol:

As have many of this forum's denizens!

Now slightly over 8 Months / 244 days to the GREAT REVEAL and reading orgy!
-----

What say you, my peers?
Post by bigrunt   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:07 pm

bigrunt
Lieutenant Commander

Charybdis wrote:
Now slightly over 8 Months / 244 days to the GREAT REVEAL and reading orgy!

Now that is a phrase that I have not heard before. I like it.
Post by SWM   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:20 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

Yes, other posters pointed this out several weeks ago. Someone also said that MacMillan has changed it on their schedule, too, but I have been unable to find a MacMillan publishing schedule.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by bigrunt   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:35 pm

bigrunt
Lieutenant Commander

Ordered. Wish I could send RFC that money and get an ARC to go with it.
Post by Charybdis   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:02 pm

Charybdis
Captain of the List

bigrunt wrote:Ordered. Wish I could send RFC that money and get an ARC to go with it.

So what use would snippets be then? You'd be so bored and then you'd be after RFC for snippets of his NEXT book and the rest of us would get all confused about what you were commenting on!

Anticipation is the key, we watch th e s l o w d r i p o f s n i pp e t s a ...

(Curses - artistic effects of stretched spacing destroyed by miserable software. Just to save that bandwidth, I guess! So much for e.e.cummings and Alfie Bester effects!)

Still 244 days before the great quivering!
-----

What say you, my peers?
Post by Henry Brown   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

So since the publication date has been moved up 2 months, that means 2 months less of snippets. Since we get one about every 10 days, that means we need 6 bonus snippets to make up for this, right? :lol:
Post by Direwolf18   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:36 pm

Direwolf18
Captain of the List

Ordered.

As much as I would love an ARC, and totaly not say no to one. I must say this snippet thing is fantastic. Otherwise I would read the entire book in a day and be chomping at the bit even longer.
Post by DDHvi   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:21 pm

DDHvi
Captain (Junior Grade)

jlrice54 wrote:

I like DW, but not to the extent of cutting into my budget. The ones I own are from used book stores. For the rest, someone at the Jamestown library really likes them. The last time checked, they had four I've not even cracked yet (early in the starfire series). Favorites are Honorverse and Safehold series, since I like innovations.

Now if the big shots of reality would only realize just how valuable innovations are . . .. :x I point out to youngsters that if we didn't have the knowledge and understanding, people like us couldn't afford (almost anything except raw nature.) ;) In the long run, it helps the BS descendant's also. Even Roman emperors had to live with smoke holes, the chimney was invented in the Dark Ages.
Douglas Hvistendahl
Retired technical nerd
ddhviste@drtel.net

Dumb mistakes are very irritating.
Smart mistakes go on forever
Unless you test your assumptions!

Return to Safehold