Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 86 guests

HFQ Official Snippet #15 Merry Christmas!

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: HFQ Official Snippet #15 Merry Christmas!
Post by cadastral   » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:26 am

cadastral
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Thank you for the Christmas snippet, and may you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!
Post by Rod   » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:28 am

Rod
Lieutenant Commander

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

And now,“What the hell is that?”
Post by kbus888   » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:46 am

kbus888
Vice Admiral

=2014/12/25=
Thank you RFC

May this season surround you and everyone in your corner of the universe with joy, peace, and strength.

btw: -- should this new chapter be number <VI> ???

R
..//* *\\
(/(..^..)\)
.._/'*'\_
.(,,,)^(,,,)

Love is a condition in which
the happiness of another
is essential to your own. - R Heinlein
Post by 6L6   » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:47 am

6L6
Commander

A nice big fat snippet under the tree this morning, thanks RFC.
Post by Keith_w   » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:02 am

Keith_w
Commodore

Thank you for this snippet RFC, although I think that it was cruel to include start of the next chapter :shock:

Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family, and to all of the families in this corner of the universe. :)
--
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Post by thanatos   » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:53 am

thanatos
Captain (Junior Grade)

All hail MWW and thank him for his holiday gifts!

Actually, something in the Inner Circle's options concerning Sahndaria, reminded me of one the final scenes in "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Last Battle". It's the scene where the Dwarfs, already deceived and mistreated by the followers of the false Aslan, refuse to believe that they have crossed the threshold into Aslan's country and believe that they are only in a dark barn - Their unwillingness to be deceived again blinds them to the truth. While this is an allegory to the power of faith in Christian theology (I think since I'm neither a theologian nor a Christian) it does present part of the problems the Inner Circle faces. Many, if not most, of those exposed to the truth and to the evidence supporting it would likely accept it. For there the question is how will their faith endure. For some it will be altered but remain more-or-less intact while others are likely to become atheist (as Baron Wave Thunder has done). And there will always be those, like Sahndaria, who will have extreme difficulties in accepting the truth and who will need to be "neutralized". Yet how many will react as the dwarfs of Narnia, refusing to believe even the evidence of their own eyes? I've often wondered what would happen if Zhaspahr Clyntahn were captured and taken to Nimue's Cave. Would he accept the truth if it were presented to him? Or would it break him mentally? For a man whose entire identity revolves around the power granted to him by God (supposedly), the Writ and the Church, how would he react if he were literally taken to Shan-wei's lair?
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:58 am

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Merry Christmas and thank you for the snippet! :) :)
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by MPCatchup   » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:20 am

MPCatchup
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

What a nice gift, good thing I checked the forums before left for the day's celebrations. Merry Christmas all!
Post by Larry   » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:26 am

Larry
Lieutenant Commander

Although the cause is completely different, my feelings about a Christmas present of a snippet are sort of about like Tom Jenkin's in this little clip....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkq7WZTzkLQ

And at the end of it I feel a little like what Scrooge feels like when the crowd melts away.

So thank you Mr. Webber and a Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family and to all the readers here in the Safehold forum! And best wishes for all in the New Year!

Larry
Post by ksandgren   » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:24 pm

ksandgren
Captain (Junior Grade)

Thank You RFC! and have a Merry Christmas!

Return to Safehold