Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 84 guests

HFQ Official Snippet #14

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: HFQ Official Snippet #14
Post by n7axw   » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:43 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Sometimes we need to be reminded that having a strong faith doesn't mean being superstitious. Both of these women are very deeply committed to God and very bright.

As I remember Father Paityr's reaction, Sandaria doesn't sound very different so far. The shock, the sense of betrayal and the anger are all there. It will be interesting to see how it plays out from here.

I hope they get to meet Father Paityr and Archbishop Maikel.

Don

Have a blessed Christmas, everybody.
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by JeffEngel   » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:08 pm

JeffEngel
Admiral

n7axw wrote:Sometimes we need to be reminded that having a strong faith doesn't mean being superstitious. Both of these women are very deeply committed to God and very bright.

As I remember Father Paityr's reaction, Sandaria doesn't sound very different so far. The shock, the sense of betrayal and the anger are all there. It will be interesting to see how it plays out from here.

I hope they get to meet Father Paityr and Archbishop Maikel.

Don

Have a blessed Christmas, everybody.

I get the same sort of sense with Sandaria, if with somewhat different questions, and we're catching her in one of the rawest, most shocked initial stages of the revelation of anyone we've seen. I think that, and that she's a less familiar character than perhaps any we've otherwise seen get the whole message in one go, may be making her look like more of a potential problem than other people have seemed.
Post by lyonheart   » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:40 pm

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi Phillies,

I suspect that's already happened, or will be referred to in the past tense, unless we get another glimpse later in chapter 6 of her doing that, which is happening simultaneously (though we don't know that for sure) with whatever is going on on the Seridahn River.

L

phillies wrote:At some point it will perhaps occur to someone to ask Aivah to repeat the Saint Khody diary from memory, especially the espagnol parts, and have OWL translate as she goes.
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!

Return to Safehold