Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 79 guests

HFQ Official Snippet #13

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: HFQ Official Snippet #13
Post by ksandgren   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:14 pm

ksandgren
Captain (Junior Grade)

Thanks RFC! An early Christmas present.

I look forward to the closure of the many tantalizing parts of the last several snippets in the next few. It may cover the real need for Sandaria in the story.
Post by Charybdis   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:45 pm

Charybdis
Captain of the List

Ahhh... found it just 3 hours after last look. Read it, with comments in 15 minutes. Wait time for next will be somewhere in Christmas week (or so!) Worth of this addiction - I'm still here! :lol:
-----

What say you, my peers?
Post by n7axw   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:10 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Charybdis wrote:Ahhh... found it just 3 hours after last look. Read it, with comments in 15 minutes. Wait time for next will be somewhere in Christmas week (or so!) Worth of this addiction - I'm still here! :lol:

With our luck, the next snippet will take us back to BGV or DE and leave us hanging about what's happening in Nimue's cave...

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Spacekiwi   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:48 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Thank you once again RFC.:)
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:41 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Or David Weber will take us to the Temple. ;)

Thank you David Weber for a great snippet. :D :D

n7axw wrote:
Charybdis wrote:Ahhh... found it just 3 hours after last look. Read it, with comments in 15 minutes. Wait time for next will be somewhere in Christmas week (or so!) Worth of this addiction - I'm still here! :lol:

With our luck, the next snippet will take us back to BGV or DE and leave us hanging about what's happening in Nimue's cave...

Don
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by lancastrian   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:42 pm

lancastrian
Midshipman

As a long time 'lurker' here and even thought I have been a member for about 5 years, I have finally decided to comment.

I am so delighted that the snippets for HFQ are coming so regularly. Fantastic, all I need is the book now.
Post by XofDallas   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:07 pm

XofDallas
Commander

Thanks for the snippet, RFC!

I'm hoping the translation is next.

Sandaria is going to have a crisis of faith, and of conscience, at some point. Whether she'll emerge from it on Merlin's side, or that of CoGA, remains to be seen.

If it's on the side of CoGA, she has the potential to do incalculable damage. And I'm sure she's smart enough to hide her thoughts and actions, at least for a while. She may even be able to hide them from Aivah.

Seriously, they're taking a risk here. It's a calculated one, with the reward of Aivah and the SSC on CE's side. Nevertheless, that does not alter the fact that risk is increased.

This seriously is the scariest (riskiest?) moment I've seen since Merlin first appeared.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:27 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:And what part of tantalizing snippets did you not understand?

There's a line between tantalizing and tormenting. ;)
Post by n7axw   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:50 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

XofDallas wrote:Thanks for the snippet, RFC!

I'm hoping the translation is next.

Sandaria is going to have a crisis of faith, and of conscience, at some point. Whether she'll emerge from it on Merlin's side, or that of CoGA, remains to be seen.

If it's on the side of CoGA, she has the potential to do incalculable damage. And I'm sure she's smart enough to hide her thoughts and actions, at least for a while. She may even be able to hide them from Aivah.

Seriously, they're taking a risk here. It's a calculated one, with the reward of Aivah and the SSC on CE's side. Nevertheless, that does not alter the fact that risk is increased.

This seriously is the scariest (riskiest?) moment I've seen since Merlin first appeared.

There is always risk with everyone new who's told. The difference this time is that Nynian more or less forced Merlin's hand which means that there is a certain loss of control about how the risk was taken.

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Joat42   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Joat42
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
fallsfromtrees wrote:And what part of tantalizing snippets did you not understand?

There's a line between tantalizing and tormenting. ;)

In RFC's personal evil genius dictionary, if you look under tantalize it says see torment. :D

Thank you for the snippet RFC!

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.

Return to Safehold