Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests

HFQ Official Snippet #13

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: HFQ Official Snippet #13
Post by BarryKirk   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:23 pm

BarryKirk
Captain of the List

Thank you RFC.

Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy well deserved time with your family.
Post by RHWoodman   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:37 pm

RHWoodman
Captain (Junior Grade)

Thanks, David, for a great snippet! It is quite intriguing!

It will be interesting to see if Sandaria finally comes around to accepting the truth about Holy Writ and the CoGA, or if she ends up staying in the cave. Also, if Sandaria has to be taken out of the picture, even temporarily, how will Nynian react? And is Nynian really persuaded of the truth about the CoGA, or is she just doing much better than Sandaria at hiding her true feelings?
Post by Randomiser   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:46 pm

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:And what part of tantalizing snippets did you not understand?

Oh no, these are not tantalising snippets, the random, out of order snippets from LAMA before regular snippeting began, now those were tantalising snippets.

Think of Princess Irys' shooting lesson, or a certain inquisitor's death scene. No see what happens in 10 days there, it was 'wait for the book to come out'. That was proper tantalising. :twisted:

Oh, thanks for this and all the snippets RFC. I'll wait and wish you a Happy Christmas in my thank you for #14. :D
Post by Randomiser   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:52 pm

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

RHWoodman wrote:Thanks, David, for a great snippet! It is quite intriguing!

It will be interesting to see if Sandaria finally comes around to accepting the truth about Holy Writ and the CoGA, or if she ends up staying in the cave. Also, if Sandaria has to be taken out of the picture, even temporarily, how will Nynian react? And is Nynian really persuaded of the truth about the CoGA, or is she just doing much better than Sandaria at hiding her true feelings?

It could be heart-breaking for Nynian. Sandaria covers up her reaction till some time after they get out and when she turns Nynian, who insisted her old friend and colleague came along, has to deal with her. 'You shoot your own dog.'
Post by Graydon   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:12 pm

Graydon
Commander

Randomiser wrote:It could be heart-breaking for Nynian. Sandaria covers up her reaction till some time after they get out and when she turns Nynian, who insisted her old friend and colleague came along, has to deal with her. 'You shoot your own dog.'

Nah. Our esteemed pursuer of celery has got bored with writing about battles at this tech level, it's pretty obvious Charis has won the economic contest, and there isn't much actual point to the whole long tale of woe and suffering as slaughter piles on slaughter.

The very next scene -- well, there'll be a bit more of this one, to make the coping failure obvious -- will be Nynian being woken up again. The returned archangels want to talk to her, and reassure her that what Merlin has said is true.
Post by n7axw   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:57 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Graydon wrote:
Randomiser wrote:It could be heart-breaking for Nynian. Sandaria covers up her reaction till some time after they get out and when she turns Nynian, who insisted her old friend and colleague came along, has to deal with her. 'You shoot your own dog.'

Nah. Our esteemed pursuer of celery has got bored with writing about battles at this tech level, it's pretty obvious Charis has won the economic contest, and there isn't much actual point to the whole long tale of woe and suffering as slaughter piles on slaughter.

The very next scene -- well, there'll be a bit more of this one, to make the coping failure obvious -- will be Nynian being woken up again. The returned archangels want to talk to her, and reassure her that what Merlin has said is true.

I was pretty much with you up to that last sentence... Presuming that they do come back in some form, why would that bunch of rogues want to reassure Nynian of anything???

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by justdave   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:02 pm

justdave
Lieutenant Commander

isaac_newton wrote:
on a related note-I'm really really hoping that the final end of the series doesn't come down to a one page or even one chapter overview of 'how the gbaba came to a sticky but well deserved end'!! :(

rfc has already provided that with his 'how it won't end', lol
Post by justdave   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:05 pm

justdave
Lieutenant Commander

XofDallas wrote:If it's on the side of CoGA, she has the potential to do incalculable damage. And I'm sure she's smart enough to hide her thoughts and actions, at least for a while. She may even be able to hide them from Aivah.

but not from OWL I'm willing to bet!
Post by XofDallas   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:39 pm

XofDallas
Commander

justdave wrote:
XofDallas wrote:If it's on the side of CoGA, she has the potential to do incalculable damage. And I'm sure she's smart enough to hide her thoughts and actions, at least for a while. She may even be able to hide them from Aivah.

but not from OWL I'm willing to bet!

It's happened once already, which is how the Rakurai (sp?) got their explosives in Charis to begin with. Here, if she keeps it to herself until they're both in Zion, she could turn on Aivah and get her captured very quickly.
Post by Henry Brown   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

lancastrian wrote:As a long time 'lurker' here and even thought I have been a member for about 5 years, I have finally decided to comment.

I am so delighted that the snippets for HFQ are coming so regularly. Fantastic, all I need is the book now.

Welcome to the forums. Actually, if you've been lurking for 5 years, I'm not sure "welcome" is the right term. But you get the idea. :lol:

Return to Safehold