Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

HFQ Official Snippet #11

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: HFQ Official Snippet #11
Post by therealorang   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:19 pm

therealorang
Ensign

Thanks RFC - hope you had a great trip!
Post by eldrwyrm   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:25 pm

eldrwyrm
Lieutenant Commander

Sounds like a interesting trip, both here and on Safehold. ;)

Thanks for arguing with the tech to share a surprise snippet with us.
Post by Weird Harold   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:29 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Caliban wrote:Nimue and Sandariah in unit #2

Nimue isn't available on the apparent time-scale involved. Cayleb or some other member of the Inner Circle from Siddarmark City would have to be the second pilot; unless Merlin intends to turn the second skimmer over to Aivah to pilot.

Probably not the latter because a nervous Sandariah would fly with a human pilot, a full-fledged panic attack would make flying without a pilot extremely difficult.

Caliban wrote:Or, maybe Owl. He has the skills, and textev already has him piloting the Lorry.

More important than who will pilot the lorry is the question of who will be in the Lorry(s) and how will the lorry(s) be explained to the passengers? :?

Are the lorries even going to be used for this mission or are they just being converted just in case because this trip prompted the idea? :?
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by eldrwyrm   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:29 pm

eldrwyrm
Lieutenant Commander

BobG wrote:I still think there is something special and dangerous about Sandaria Ghatfryd. Could they detect if she is a PICA?
-- Bob G

Paranoid much? 8-)
Post by n7axw   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:08 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I have been one of the most verbal advocates for trusting Nynian. But I confess to wondering just how far it is being taken. How much does she know about the brethren and the inner circle?

I agree that Nimue has to be the pilot for the other shuttle. There is no other candidate since we have no text ev for Cayleb being anything other than a passenger.

As for trusting Sandaria, at this point, I suspect that if one os them can be trusted, both of them can. That seems to be Merlin's bet anyway.

No doubt but what it is going to be fascinating.

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by lyonheart   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:10 pm

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hello RFC!

Thank you very much for another great snippet!

Here I was expecting it tomorrow, to make it three weeks, ie exactly a little more than two weeks. :D

The 4" rifles are more accurate than the rifled mortars, given their higher velocity and their projectile's shorter time of flight, but we may get a comparison between the two in terms of their relative accuracy.

Since Nynian has an eidetic memory she may have the whole Saint Khody letter memorized, so she could simply have written down what she had committed to memory but an old worn copy might be more impressive.

Who's in the front seat of #2 is interesting, Cayleb being the most accessible is the most likely.

FYI, Caliban RFC and Sharon have visited Poland and Eastern European fans several times now.

I hope they enjoyed it as much as before, perhaps seeing new things if Sharon was feeling up to it.

All the very best wishes as you recover over the next couple of days, but expect the response posts to cover 4-5 pages by then. :D

Converting the air lorry to passenger service is interesting, as in apparently bringing more SSK's to Nimue's cave to convince them Merlin is a seijin etc, but I'm still curious how the recon skimmers carried the poor horses! ;)

L

Caliban wrote:Aaaaahhhh, Thank You so very much, Sir. I can feel my synapses re-moisturizing even as I (re)read...

Hope you and your wife had a grand trip,with all the fun that comes with visiting Lands Previously Unknown.

Welcome Home- well, tomorrow or the next day, whenever it may be :mrgreen:
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by 6L6   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:15 pm

6L6
Commander

Thank you RFC, will we soon learn what's in the diary?
Post by Caliban   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:22 pm

Caliban
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

lyonheart wrote:

FYI, Caliban RFC and Sharon have visited Poland and Eastern European fans several times now.

Didn't know, but thanks... apologies for any gaffs. :oops:
====================================

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; A Fool speaks because he has to say something."
Post by isaac_newton   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:23 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

n7axw wrote:SNIP

I agree that Nimue has to be the pilot for the other shuttle. There is no other candidate since we have no text ev for Cayleb being anything other than a passenger.

SNIP

Don

I would guess that one skimmer could be slaved to another [hence the exact station keeping], so the second pilot may not actually be a pilot in the full sense, just someone sitting in the seat of power, i.e. don't rule Cayleb out.
Post by pokermind   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:26 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

"Besides, the second recon skimmer had let him bring along a second pilot."

IIRC no Safeholdian has been trained as pilot therefore Nimue must be the pilot. Not only that she as a recon skimmer stashed close by.

Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.

Return to Safehold