Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 89 guests

Official HFQ Snippet #10

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Official HFQ Snippet #10
Post by chrisd   » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:55 am

chrisd
Captain (Junior Grade)

Weird Harold wrote:[
You need the url of the image, not the web-page it is part of. Some sites like photobucket don't allow hotlinking so even the right URL is no guarantee.

I downloaded and saved the image to my computer, and used the "Copy" function, but the forum does not seem to allow "Paste" to happen. As a test, I copied the image on e-mail to my second account and it went through OK.

It must be an OFT problem on my part. (or PEBKAS)

Thank you, anyway, for taking the effort to post the cartoon for the others on this forum
Re: Official HFQ Snippet #10
Post by BobG   » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:29 am

BobG
Captain (Junior Grade)

Montrose Toast wrote:My reason for providing the stats on Napoleon's losses to Typhus was to eliminate the myth of General Winter killin his army - it was General Typhus.

Severe cold can be rough on armies but is not as lethal as epedemics - which are almost unheard of on Safehold...

Here is a fairly famous chart showing how many men Napoleon had as he marched on Moscow. Most were killed by Typhus.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... Minard.png

-- Bob G
SF & Fantasy: The only things better than Chocolate.

Return to Safehold