Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 69 guests

Any news on a release date for HFQ?

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Any news on a release date for HFQ?
Post by runsforcelery   » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:21 am

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Henry Brown wrote:
Joat42 wrote:We can hope it's just a placeholder date until their schedule is finalized. :)

Just because the date is a placeholder doesn't mean it is good news. Instead of advancing the release, they could decide to push it back further. :(

I can unfortunately report that as of today I've been officially informed that the release date for HFQ is November 2015. :cry: That's right; one year from next month.

I'm not sure why we're quite that late, since I handed the book in several months ago. but I did miss my original delivery date (for reasons TOR understood completely) and I strongly suspect it's because TOR has to commit to release dates sooner than Baen does and is more tightly locked into them when they do.

The good news is that it gives me a bigger window to work on other projects --- like the new fantasy novel and the next solo Honorverse novel --- before I need to go back to work on Safehold. The bad news is that it's another 12 months till the book comes out. I'll probably go on snippeting a bit longer than usual --- mayhbe to the halfway point --- in the meantime.

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by pokermind   » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:45 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:
[Snip quotes]

I can unfortunately report that as of today I've been officially informed that the release date for HFQ is November 2015. :cry: That's right; one year from next month.

I'm not sure why we're quite that late, since I handed the book in several months ago. but I did miss my original delivery date (for reasons TOR understood completely) and I strongly suspect it's because TOR has to commit to release dates sooner than Baen does and is more tightly locked into them when they do.

The good news is that it gives me a bigger window to work on other projects --- like the new fantasy novel and the next solo Honorverse novel --- before I need to go back to work on Safehold. The bad news is that it's another 12 months till the book comes out. I'll probably go on snippeting a bit longer than usual --- mayhbe to the halfway point --- in the meantime.

Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by isaac_newton   » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:23 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:

I

sigh... ah well.

still - new honorverse book - great news :-)

If I can throw in my two-pennyworth on the snippetting - i'd prefer less often, so we goto the normal 1/3 thru the book on snippets. That way we have more fresh stuff on that magic day when the new book pops thru the front door :D
Post by Randomiser   » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:22 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

RFC
Second all the posts congratulating you on your birthday and wishing you many more of them in good and productive health ;)

Can I ask what you mean by 'the new fantasy novel' in your sad post about the release date for HFQ? Is it Multiverse #3 or the start of a new series in the Bahzell universe or something else?
Post by Annachie   » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:04 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I kinda agree with Isaac there. Same amount of snippets just less often.

RFC could always toss in the odd ancillary drabble set during one of the earlier Safehold books.
:D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by ryndieum   » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:52 am

ryndieum
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Well, that is too bad. :cry:

Any chance that you could throw us a bone and give us your current estimate on the total number of books in the series?
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:07 am

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

To leave you more time for writing, I'm available to post the snippets for you. :)

Of course, the fact that would mean that I'd get a copy of it doesn't influence my offer of help. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

runsforcelery wrote:

Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by USMA74   » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:01 pm

USMA74
Commander

Thank you for the news. Not what I or most of your addicted readers wanted to hear but that is life. May God keep you and your family healthy because I want the opportunity to drop copper pieces and silver marks into your wallet for a long time to come.
Post by n7axw   » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:51 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

DrakBibliophile wrote:To leave you more time for writing, I'm available to post the snippets for you. :)

Of course, the fact that would mean that I'd get a copy of it doesn't influence my offer of help. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

runsforcelery wrote:

Now Drak, stop trying to cheat...

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:00 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Cheat? Little old me? I wouldn't cheat. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

n7axw wrote:
DrakBibliophile wrote:To leave you more time for writing, I'm available to post the snippets for you. :)

Now Drak, stop trying to cheat...

Don
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]

Return to Safehold