Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 52 guests

HFQ snippet request

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: HFQ snippet request
Post by runsforcelery   » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:27 am

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Taras_Potatos wrote:10 days have passed.

And your point is? :twisted:

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by Ensign Re-read   » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:45 pm

Ensign Re-read
Commodore

runsforcelery wrote:

Taras:

Shhhhhhh!!!!!
I had a four day window of time on our dry erase calendar, ending on the 29th (today). If we say anything public about a schedule...

Oh.
I'm doing it too, huh?

ERR
=====
The Celestia "addon" for the Planet Safehold as well as the Kau-zhi and Manticore A-B star systems, are at URL:
http://www.lepp.cornell.edu/~seb/celestia/weber/.
=====
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68506297@N ... 740128635/
=====
Post by Charybdis   » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:09 pm

Charybdis
Captain of the List

runsforcelery wrote:

I'm not sure but it appears that the 'creator' is lurking somewhere around here ... :o
-----

What say you, my peers?
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:23 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

That's part of the fun of this place. We never know when the Majestic Wizard Weber will appear. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Charybdis wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:

I'm not sure but it appears that the 'creator' is lurking somewhere around here ... :o
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by USMA74   » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:32 pm

USMA74
Commander

Respectfully request RFC/MWW provide the assembled adicts another fix on 8 October in "Honor" of SGT York's capture of "the whole dam--d German Army" on that date in 1918. It will have been ten days from our last rush. :lol: There several naval historical events on that dates as well (in reference to the many comments on the KHVIIs ;) ):
1652 Battle of Kentish Knock: Blake's English fleet defeats de Witt's Dutch off Dover.
1812 USN cutting out party takes HMS Detroit & HMS Caledonia in the Niagara River.
1827 Naval Battle of Navario: Allies defeat the Ottomans.
1863 Britain seizes the "Laird Rams" - ironclads illicitly building for the Confederacy.
1879 In the Battle of Punta Angamo the Chilean squadron defeats the Peruvian ironclad "Huascar" during the War of the Pacific.
Post by lyonheart   » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:52 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi USMA74,

That's an excellent list.

For that alone I thank you.

Personally I don't expect another snippet until October 10th, 11 days after #7.

Of course, if it happens sooner, I'll be a very happy camper! :lol:

L

USMA74 wrote:Respectfully request RFC/MWW provide the assembled adicts another fix on 8 October in "Honor" of SGT York's capture of "the whole dam--d German Army" on that date in 1918. It will have been ten days from our last rush. :lol: There several naval historical events on that dates as well (in reference to the many comments on the KHVIIs ;) ):
1652 Battle of Kentish Knock: Blake's English fleet defeats de Witt's Dutch off Dover.
1812 USN cutting out party takes HMS Detroit & HMS Caledonia in the Niagara River.
1827 Naval Battle of Navario: Allies defeat the Ottomans.
1863 Britain seizes the "Laird Rams" - ironclads illicitly building for the Confederacy.
1879 In the Battle of Punta Angamo the Chilean squadron defeats the Peruvian ironclad "Huascar" during the War of the Pacific.
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by USMA74   » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:00 pm

USMA74
Commander

Know it is going to be almost another week before our next fix. :( Hope that RFC and better half are having a great time in Europe to make up for my seeing seeing red elephants dancing in tutus as I suffer from withdrawal. :lol: (Or was that just the people on certain US news networks last Tuesday night?) :twisted:

Using this as a bump in the hope that RFC/MWW sees my plea on the front page when they get back. So there is a method to my madness even if there is not a great deal of logic to that madness. :roll:
Post by USMA74   » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:30 pm

USMA74
Commander

Hope that everything is going well with RFC and family during their travels to Europe. Still awaiting my next snippet fix with rapidly increasing desperation. :P (OK I am almost to the point of agreeing to purr like a cat just to get my next shot of Safehold. :roll: ) My fondest desire is to wake up tomorrow with Snippet #11 heading the list of topics.

Happy Veterans Day to all those who have served their respective counties honorably over the years.
Post by Reader_of_Fiction   » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:05 pm

Reader_of_Fiction
Ensign

I was hoping, but it didn't happen, that we would get a snippet on the birthday of the Charisian Marine Corps (10 NOV). To the members of the forum who are either prior or current U.S. Marines, Happy Birthday and Semper Fi!
Post by DennisLee   » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:21 pm

DennisLee
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Reader_of_Fiction wrote:I was hoping, but it didn't happen, that we would get a snippet on the birthday of the Charisian Marine Corps (10 NOV). To the members of the forum who are either prior or current U.S. Marines, Happy Birthday and Semper Fi!

I guess my impression was that they were going to leave for Europe not that day (10/29) but sometime before the next snippet was due. For some reason I have 11/18 as the day to start hoping for the next snippet, but I can't tell you exactly how I came up with that. Maybe I was figuring 10 days between snippets, and if our favorite author missed one, the next one would be 10 days after that (20 days total)? I dunno, it seemed to make sense at the time, anyway.

Doesn't mean I don't keep checking just about every day tho :)

Return to Safehold