Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 71 guests

HFQ snippet request

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
HFQ snippet request
Post by ChronicRder   » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:17 am

ChronicRder
Lieutenant Commander

RFC

While I appreciate all the snippets you give us, I'm afraid they're always one sided. I was wondering if I could request a snippet from the CoGA side. Perhaps either a Thirsk scene or, even better, one of Clyntahn's tirades.

I've always found those scenes in the early books to be a source of much needed comic relief. What can I say? I have a severe case of schadenfreude. Also, it helps keep the Church in perspective as far as what they view their options are vs just the Alliance (no matter how powerful).

Mike
Last edited by ChronicRder on Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: HFQ cnippet request
Post by Morden   » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:20 am

Morden
Lieutenant Commander

ChronicRder wrote:RFC

While I appreciate all the snippets you give us, I'm afraid they're always one sided. I was wondering if I could request a snippet from the CoGA side. Perhaps either a Thirsk scene or, even better, one of Clyntahn's tirades.

I've always found those scenes in the early books to be a source of much needed comic relief. What can I say? I have a severe case of schadenfreude. Also, it helps keep the Church in perspective as far as what they view their options are vs just the Alliance (no matter how powerful).

Mike

they're normally released sequentially, i.e 1st part of chapter 1, then second part etc. It's more a case of when the first POV chapter for CoGA is in the book than DW's selection of snippets
Post by thanatos   » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:39 am

thanatos
Captain (Junior Grade)

Mike

I do enjoy those immensely myself but the snippets being released right now are far more interesting IMHO. At the same time I'd really like to read the conversation in which Duchairn notifies Traynair that they are looking at imminent financial collapse within a few months, in which Mother Church will be unable to even pay salaries and people will be demanding their salaries. I also want to see what Clyntahn's reaction will be to the successive failures we see on the horizon - The defeat of the Desnairian army, the destruction of Dohlar's Navy, the surrender (or destruction - I could go both ways) of the Army of the Sylmahn Gap and the routing of the Army of Glacierheart. Boy is he likely to be pissed!
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:50 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

It'll come when it comes and it will tell us what it tells us.

Sometimes all we can do is to wait and reflect.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by evilauthor   » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:53 am

evilauthor
Captain of the List

So...

*points to thread title*

How is a cnippet different from a snippet? :mrgreen:
Post by ChronicRder   » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:13 pm

ChronicRder
Lieutenant Commander

evilauthor wrote:So...

*points to thread title*

OOOOOOOO! A man makes a typo. Off with this head!

Seriously, my bad on that. I didn't notice it till after the thread was created.
Post by ChronicRder   » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:19 pm

ChronicRder
Lieutenant Commander

thanatos wrote:

Mike

I do enjoy those immensely myself but the snippets being released right now are far more interesting IMHO. At the same time I'd really like to read the conversation in which Duchairn notifies Traynair that they are looking at imminent financial collapse within a few months, in which Mother Church will be unable to even pay salaries and people will be demanding their salaries. I also want to see what Clyntahn's reaction will be to the successive failures we see on the horizon - The defeat of the Desnairian army, the destruction of Dohlar's Navy, the surrender (or destruction - I could go both ways) of the Army of the Sylmahn Gap and the routing of the Army of Glacierheart. Boy is he likely to be pissed!

That's my point.

I love reading his mental/emotional breakdowns in front of the Go4. Not quite as fun when he's merely ransacking his own apartment. What'd make it even better is as he's finishing up his tirade, some poor messenger comes in and reports that Silkiah has capitulated/defected and/or TMHoGatA has been routed.
Re: HFQ Snippet Request
Post by pokermind   » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:43 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

ChronicRder wrote:

*points to thread title*

OOOOOOOO! A man makes a typo. Off with this head!

Seriously, my bad on that. I didn't notice it till after the thread was created.

Not a problem:

1) Go to your first post.

2) Click on Edit post.

3) Edit title.

4) Post.

Poker

PS just for fun I edited the thread title ;)
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by NervousEnergy   » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:29 pm

NervousEnergy
Captain (Junior Grade)

*points to thread title*

That's when you have a Conniption when the snippet isn't posted.
Post by XofDallas   » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:58 pm

XofDallas
Commander

NervousEnergy wrote:That's when you have a Conniption when the snippet isn't posted.

So would a minor conniption be a connippet?

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Return to Safehold